The Corporate Systems Support team is seeking highly motivated, talented, and innovative Workday Developer/Analysts to assist in the configuration, testing, deployment, daily operation, and maintenance of the Workday Human Capital Management (HCM) System ensuring best practice HR processes and defined standards are followed across the enterprise. Under minimal supervision, the candidate will work as a member of the CSS team to support HR and Payroll and harmonize cross-functional processes across the business. This position will serve as a subject matter expert on HR, Payroll, Time and Absence processing within Workday. The candidate will be responsible for implementing new and enhancing existing cloud configurations, supporting complex transaction processing, issue resolution and developing reports. The candidate must exhibit strong critical thinking, decision making and problem solving skills, excellent interpersonal and communications skills, and the ability to multi-task. This role requires a go-getter with a positive attitude who is excited to work in a cloud based environment. The successful candidate must have a minimum of 3 years of experience and successfully have supported large, complex projects from inception to implementation accurately and on schedule.
RESPONSIBILITIES: - Implement and support Workday functions with a focus on HR, Payroll, Time and Absence
- Design, deliver, and/or maintain business critical data/system migration integration into and out of the Workday application. Sustaining support activities include the responsibility for troubleshooting and optimizing existing system interfaces/integrations, and a detailed understanding of HR business and technical requirements to deliver appropriate end-to-end solutions
- Identify and support HR projects related to business process, data conversion, data retention, and integration
- Identify test scenarios, and assist in the execution of testing in support of Workday system updates and changes
- Support management of related technical environments/tenants, including the ongoing migration of code and configuration and related validation testing in each instance
- Translate and document non-technical requirements into technical concepts with a comprehensive understanding of HR applications and technical interdependencies EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of Workday experience highly preferred with a strong background and understanding of Workday configuration and integrations. Experience with creating calculated fields and composite reporting a plus
- Developing, maintaining, and supporting .NET projects that use Workday web services. C# development experience preferred
- 3+ years of experience preferred with SQL Server database design and development including SSIS and stored procedures
- 3+ years of experience in complex cross-functional projects that span multiple teams and departments
- 3+ years of experience in business technical analysis and requirements gathering, including documentation
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, and SharePoint SKILLS:
- Strong expertise with industry-proven development methodologies, leading practices, and techniques
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Strong meeting facilitation skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent leadership, organizational and time management skills
- Solid business knowledge of Human Resources, Payroll, Pension, Time and Absence required SALARY & LOCATION: $83K - $93K (commensurate with experience) This position is located in Chevy Chase, MD...no remote work
dbt #LI-POST1 GDOORIT About GEICO For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.