Museum Curator (Recent Graduate)
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is part of the Army Civilian Training, Education, and Development System (ACTEDS) and is a CIVILIAN position with the Department of Army. The incumbent will serve as a Museum Curator trainee with the Headquarters Department of Army (HQDA).
- This is a Career Program (CP) #61 position.
- Position(s) will be filled under the Department of the Army Recent Graduates Program.
Click here for more information on Pathways program participants. The Department of the Army Recent Graduates Program affords developmental experiences in the Department of Army intended to promote possible careers in the civil service to individuals who have recently graduated from qualifying educational institutions or programs. Successful applicants are placed in a dynamic, developmental program with the potential to lead to a civil service career in the Federal Government.
After Program completion, Department of the Army Recent Graduates MAY be converted to a permanent position.
To be eligible for conversion to a permanent or term position, Recent Graduates must:
- Successfully complete at least 1-year of continuous service in addition to all requirements of the Program.
- Demonstrate successful job performance.
- Meet the Office of Personnel Management's qualifications for the position to which the Recent Graduate will be converted.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/hiring-information/students-recent-graduates/#url=graduates
Department of the Army Recent Graduates Program Eligibles
Positions are open to:
- Recent graduates who have completed, within the previous two years (or will complete no later than May 2017) a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution.
- Preference eligible veterans unable to apply within two years of receiving their degree, due to military service obligation, have as much as six years after degree completion to apply.
- Occasional Travel
- Up to 25% business travel required.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Basic Requirement for Museum Curator:
- Degree: Bachelor's degree (or higher degree) in museum work; or a bachelor's degree in an applicable subject-matter field. Degree must be completed by May 2017.
- Combination of Education and Experience: Courses equivalent to a major, as shown above, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
- Experience: Four years of experience that provided knowledge comparable to that normally acquired through the successful completion of the 4-year course of study as shown above.
- Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience.
- Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. You must include documentation to support U.S. equivalency.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Personnel security investigation required.
- If selected, official college or university transcripts must be submitted. However, unofficial transcripts must be submitted at the time of application.
- Recent Graduates must sign a Participant Agreement with the Agency.
- A medical examination is required.