Nurse Consultant (CYS) NF-04
**This announcement has been extended to May 30, 2017.**
There when you need us! Child, Youth & School Services recognizes the challenges of our Soldiers and their Families. By offering quality programs for children, youth and students, CYSS supports the Army Family Covenant by reducing the conflict between mission readiness and parental responsibility.
This position is located at Child and Youth School Services, Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall.
Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall (JBM-HH) serves as the base support of operations for the Joint Force Headquarters-National Capitol Region and the U.S. District of Washington, Fort McNair, D.C. Fort Myer traces its origins to the Civil War and Fort McNair has been an Army post for more than 200 years. Henderson Hall provides barracks and support for Marines assigned to Headquarters, U.S. Marine Corps as well as certain schools and agencies in the Washington, DC Metropolitan Area.
This is a Nonappropriated Fund Regular Full Time position that includes NAF Benefits, with 40 guaranteed work hours per administrative week. The Nurse Consultant (CYS) will function as the on-the-ground Health Specialist, responsible for implementation of all health support and special needs services for children ages 6 weeks to 18 years. The incumbent may be required to work during inclement weather, before and/or after scheduled work hours, special events, etc.
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
Degree or diploma from a professional nursing program approved by the legally designated State accrediting agency at the time the program was completed by the applicant. Must have active, current registration as a professional nurse (RN) in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
In addition to the above, applicants must have at least one of the following:
1. One year of specialized experience equivalent in scope and complexity to the next lower grade level
2. Two full years of progressively higher level graduate education or a master's or equivalent degree in the field of nursing.
Highly-qualified candidates will have experience in pediatric nursing and/or working with children/youth with special needs.
Conditions of Employment:
1. If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click here to view form).
2. Satisfactory completion of all pre-employment background checks to include Childcare Tier 1 background investigation.
3. Maintenance of current license as a Registered Nurse.
4. Travel to on and off post locations required.
5. Position requires availability to work shifts during all hours of program operation, which may include some evening/weekend hours. May also include working both indoors and outdoors.
6. Must have the physical ability to lift and carry up to 40lbs, walk, bend, stoop, and stand on a routine basis.
7. Must obtain and maintain credentials to instruct staff in administration of CPR/First Aid.
8. Incumbent is a mandated reporter of all suspected incidents of child abuse/neglect.
9. Must provide official copy of college transcripts in order to begin working.
10.Upon appointment to a NAF position, you will be required to show your social security card.