GENERAL MAINTENANCE WORKER II
Experience in performing general maintenance work at the journeyman level and possess the following knowledge, abilities and skills:
- Working knowledge of the methods and procedures of general maintenance trade work
- Knowledge of the hazards of general maintenance trade work and safety precautions required
- Ability to read blueprints and other drawings, operate a computer tablet for work management
- Additional trade education including vocational training or apprentice level training is desirable
- Skill in using the tools, equipment and materials of the general maintenance trade
- Must poses a valid driver’s license
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, climb, stoop, kneel, bend and walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and may be required to lift up to approximately 50 pounds. May be exposed to extreme heights, varying temperatures and uneven terrain.JOB DESCRIPTION:
This is general maintenance work at the fully skilled level. An employee in this class is responsible for applying journeyman level skills to repair and maintain a variety of building systems, fixtures and equipment. Employees are assigned responsibility for completing maintenance work in the general categories of electrical, plumbing, masonry, carpentry and equipment repair. Employees follow established trade practices and applicable codes and regulations in performing their work. Work may be performed inside and outside of school facilities.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains, repairs, or replaces, as necessary, flush valves, faucets, water piping, and circulation pumps
- Maintains, repairs, or replaces, as necessary, fluorescent light tubes, interior and exterior light fixtures; switches, receptacles, plugs; and ballasts
- Repairs doors, door locks, panic bars, dry erase boards, and bulletin boards. Builds shelves, cabinets, and temporary partitions
- Maintains, repairs, or replaces kitchen equipment including dish washers and warming and cooking equipment
- Performs roof repairs, folding bleacher and grandstand repairs, and landscaping
- May lead a team of maintenance workers
- Performs related work as required
The General Maintenance Worker II reports directly to their assigned Maintenance Supervisor.
OUTSIDE APPLICANTS MUST UPDATE THEIR APPLICATION TO INDICATE WHICH POSITION(S) THEY ARE APPLYING FOR.
CURRENT LCPS CLASSIFIED EMPLOYEES MUST SUBMIT AN INTERNAL APPLICATION AND LETTER OF INTEREST FOR EACH POSITION IN WHICH INTEREST IS EXPRESSED. THE LETTER OF INTEREST MUST INCLUDE THE JOB NUMBER AND PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PID).
IF YOU HAVE NOT SUBMITTED A NEW RESUME WITHIN A YEAR AND/OR CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE, PLEASE SUBMIT AN UPDATED RESUME.
JOBS CLOSE AT 12:00PM ON THE CLOSING DATE.
Department of Human Resources and Talent DevelopmentSALARY:
Classified Position, Level 13
Salary Range: Refer to
12 Month Position, 8 hours per dayDAYS: FROM - TO -