Contract Specialist (Skill Level), NF-04
Due to a high volume of applicants, an initial cut-off date applies to this vacancy. Candidates who apply by 11:59 p.m. (EST) on 17 May, 2017 will receive initial consideration.
*It is the applicant's responsibility to read all sections and associated links in this vacancy announcement*
The following candidates are eligible to apply for this position:
- NAF Eligibility - Business Based Action
- NAF Eligibility - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Eligibility - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Eligibility - Outside Applicant Non Veteran (OANV)
- NAF Eligibility - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Eligibility - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
For definitions and eligibility requirements, please see the NAF Application Information Kit
The U.S. Army Installation Management Command integrates and delivers base support to enable readiness for a globally responsive Army.
We are the Army's Home - Serving the Rugged Professional
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
QUALIFICATIONS MUST BE CLEARLY VERIFIABLE IN YOUR RESUME. GOVERNMENT POSITIONS MUST INCLUDE PAY PLAN, SERIES, GRADE, TO AND FROM DATES, AND GOVERNMENT AGENCY/DEPARTMENT. All qualification requirements must include experience performing duties equivalent in scope and complexity to the next lower grade level.
1. Experience applying contracting principles, regulations, laws, and procedures needed to perform pre-award and post-award procurement for actions that are non-complex. 2. Experience managing the full source selection process. 3. Must have experience in technical writing pertaining to documents such as contracts, acquisition plans, source selection documentation, or other contracting-related correspondence with stakeholders. 4. Experience applying contract administration principles and practices needed to monitor contractor performance, manage Contract Officer Representatives, or to solve problems related to matters such as contract modifications, disputes, payments, performance issues, or similar.
Preferred candidates will possess a bachelor's degree which included a minimum of 24 semester hours of business courses, Certified Professional Contracts Manager, Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act Level II/II in contracting or other applicable professional certification.
Education is not required for this position and will not be utilized in determining minimum qualifications. If you would like for your education to be considered by the hiring panel as part of your overall accomplishments, you must attach copies of transcripts (online transcripts will be accepted). Only education from accredited and pre-accredited institutions will be accepted. Foreign education must be evaluated for equivalency in the United States. For more information, please click here.
Conditions of Employment
If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click here to view the form).