SUPERVISORY CONTRACT SPECIALIST
3 days left
- Full Time
We are committed to:
- Teamwork: Partnering at all levels and across organizational boundaries for mission accomplishment.
- Integrity: Adherence to the highest legal and ethical principles in our responsibilities.
- Excellence: Unrivaled defense intelligence expertise.
- Service: Putting the welfare of the Nation and commitment to our mission before oneself.
1. Ensures that contracting operations and programs are streamlined, efficient, and in compliance with regulatory requirements by providing guidance, oversight and evaluation. Identifies, validates, and acquires contract equipment, supplies, services, and construction.
2. Comprehends Agency strategic vision and institutes effective contracting principles, techniques and procedures that lead to efficient organizational operations.
3. Supervise a diverse staff with a variety of skills who function effectively to accomplish the mission of the organization
4. Researches and compares companies competing for Agency contracts and makes recommendations based on past performance, technical capability, cost, and availability
5. Independently anticipates needs and identifies problems and the short-and long-term consequences for the staff, client, component, directorate, Agency or Intelligence Community
HIGHLY DESIRED SKILLS
1. Demonstrate no less than two years of supervisory experience.
2. Demonstrate Contracting Officer warrant at the unlimited level for large dollar service acquisitions and complex contract types.
All Applicants must meet the following minimum qualification requirements in order to be considered for this position:
A. Successful completion of a full four-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree with a major in any field.
B. Successful completion of at least 24 semester/36 quarter hours in any combination of the
following disciplines: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics,
industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management.
EXCEPTION: Current DoD employees serving in an 1102 position or contracting officer position with authority to award or administer contracts at or above the acquisition threshold in any federal agency, military member serving in a comparable military occupational specialty, contingency contracting force, or individuals in developmental positions on or before 30 September 2000, are exempt from the basic requirements as described above.
All applicants must be U.S. citizens and are subject to a thorough background inquiry.