Research Technician, Molecular Oncology Program at Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center - Georgetow
Research Technician, Molecular Oncology Program at Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center - Georgetown University Medical Center
Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center (LCCC) clinicians are dedicated to providing the best professional care, delivered with compassion, for all patients. Lombardi's internationally-renowned physicians treat virtually every type of cancer, including breast, lung, colorectal, prostate, head and neck, and cancers of the blood. Along with cutting-edge cancer care, we offer a program of innovative clinical trials and a full range of supportive care services to improve our patients' health and quality of life. Lombardi's Molecular Oncology (MO) Program brings together investigators whose mission is to identify and validate molecular pathways critical to the initiation, progression, maintenance and metastases of cancer.
The Research Technician II is essential to the generation of data, which will affect the productivity and ability to acquire external funding for the molecular oncology lab. S/he completes a host of tasks and responsibilities integral for the everyday running of the lab. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Conducts laboratory research and generate data for grant application and publication
- Maintains steady levels of laboratory inventory, stock and supplies.
- Compiles and maintains lab databases for research reagents, technical procedures, and mouse protocols.
- Performs billing consolidation.
- Ensures lab safety and regulatory compliance.
- Handles equipment service and maintenance.
- Trains other lab members on necessary techniques, and assistants other lab members in experiments when needed.
- Serves as liaison for the lab in communication with suppliers and regulatory departments within the university.
- Bachelor's in Biology or related program
- 1 year of work experience
- Trained in mouse handling, surgery, and in basic and advanced laboratory techniques
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.