Assessment and Educational Data Analysis, Manager
Assessment and Educational Data Analysis, Manager
The Graduate School
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks an Assessment and Educational Data Analysis, Manager in The Graduate School Dean's Office. The Assessment and Educational Data Analysis, Manager coordinates and implements learning outcome assessment activities for The Graduate School (TGS) under the guidance of the Associate Dean. Assessment activities in TGS are conducted in fulfillment of UMUC's institutional assessment plan. The director supports TGS's commitment to effective teaching and learning and evidence-based, data-driven decision making. The director contributes to TGS effectiveness by supporting assessment cycles and other processes. The director also uses data analysis skills to inform academic administration within TGS.
The manager may be involved in all phases of the assessment cycle, from collecting and analyzing data, to implementing and measuring the effectiveness of action plans to improve teaching and learning. The manager is responsible for maintaining an accessible history of assessment activities and results. The manager also serves as TGS's primary point of contact for requests for educational data and analyses. This work may involve extracting data from various university databases or liaising with other units to obtain data to provide information on assessment findings, course and program-level activities, enrollments, faculty and student information/demographics, and facts of interest for program development and administration.
UMUC—one of 12 degree-granting institutions in the University System of Maryland (USM)—is a mission-driven institution with seven core values that guide us in all we do. At the top of the list is "Students First,” and we strive to do just that for our 90,000 students at home and abroad. From its start in 1947, UMUC has demonstrated its commitment to adult learners. We recognize that adult students need flexibility and options. UMUC is proud to be a global, 24-hour, institution of higher learning.
The typical UMUC student is an adult learner juggling a career, family, and other priorities. Roughly 80% work full time, half are parents, and half are minority students. They are continuing their education to better themselves, their families, and their professional opportunities. UMUC is also a leading higher education provider to the U.S. military, enrolling 55,000 active-duty service members, reservists, National Guard members, veterans, and family members annually. We are proud of our military heritage and are committed to this service.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Plan, coordinate, implement, and document school assessment activities
- Perform statistical analyses on collected data
- Prepare reports to communicate/present the results of assessment activities
- Disseminate findings to relevant stakeholders
- Document and participate (as required) in developing, implementing, and measuring the effectiveness of actions plans to improve teaching, learning, and academic administration
- Maintain an accessible history of assessment activities and results
- Respond to requests for educational data with accurate data and meaningful analyses, summaries, or reports
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in assessment, measurement, educational research, social science research, program evaluation, curriculum and instruction, educational administration, or a closely related field from an accredited institution of higher learning, and a minimum 3-5 years experience in assessment/educational data analysis.
- Knowledge of assessment theory and experience with assessment activities
- Ability to input, format, process, extract, and analyze a variety of data
- Proficiency in developing spreadsheets, and graphs, data visualizations
- Ability to summarize and explain findings in clear, concise narratives
- Capacity to verify and assure accuracy, integrity, and completeness of input and output data and report
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree in relevant discipline/major highly desirable
- Understanding of assessment theory and best practices in higher education
- Aptitude with spreadsheets and databases (SPSS or SAS skills a plus)
- Ability to perform and interpret statistical analyses
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Adaptability to new software and computer systems
- Comfort with change, ad hoc requests, and short deadlines
- Commitment to team work and diversity
Position Available and will Remain Open until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you are required to create an account prior to completing your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to check on the status of your application or to apply to additional jobs.