Manager, Accountability And Standards (Management Analyst II)
The Office of Elections for Fairfax County Government has an opportunity for an experienced professional to serve as the primary manager and office liaison to oversee various programs to ensure compliance. Serves as a key member of the senior management team supporting the office with guidance on the full spectrum of budget, finance, management, procurement, and human resources issues.Illustrative Duties
- Performs a wide-range of professional work in multiple administration functions within an organizational unit including analysis and project management;
- May supervise administrative and paraprofessional staff;
- Performs a variety of technical and professional work related to monitoring and reporting on departmental business processes, activities, and outcomes;
- Plans, develops, and implements comprehensive communication and education plans on programs and services for both county agencies and community organizations;
- Assists with developing and conducting special studies and research initiatives, by designing survey instruments, gathering data and information from department staff, developing data analysis tools, conducting statistical analyses, initiating literature reviews, etc.;
- Conducts analysis and reporting of quantitative and qualitative data in order to track and monitor various business process indicators;
- Serves as the point-person and liaison within the department and with central county
- departments regarding a designated program and functional areas of responsibility;
- Prepares reports and presentations of analysis and findings.
- Knowledge of the mission, goals and objectives of the organizational unit, program or activities to which incumbent is assigned;
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques relating to various functional areas of business operation (e.g., personnel, budgeting and financial management, contract administration and management);
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques governing management, organization, operations and programmatic services;
- Ability to identify and describe a range of possible solutions for solving business problems;
- Ability to apply research methods to design studies and assessments, and statistical analysis techniques to identify patterns and trends in data;
- Ability to use word processing and presentation software to prepare documents, and to use spreadsheet and statistical analysis software packages to store, manipulate, analyze and present data;
- Ability to train, lead, and/or supervise paraprofessional staff.
Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor's degree in the field related to the assigned functional area; plus two years of professional work experience within the functional area such as human resources, budgeting and financial management, contract administration and business management, statistics, mathematics, or related field.
- Three years of human resources experience
- Employee relations experience
- Two years of experience with budget management
- Experience with succession and workforce planning
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background check and/or a credit history check to the satisfaction of the employer.
Must be a registered voter in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Must obtain a Virginia Registration Election Official (VREO) certification within 2 years.
The position is primarily sedentary in nature; however, walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, crouching, carry/lifting files, climbing stairs, and have visual acuity to use computers with or without reasonable accommodations.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 711. EEO/AA/TTY.