Associate Customer Solutions Engineer
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
No. Vacancies: 1.00
Department: 17081.CSE-North America
Location: McLean, VA
Travel %: Less than 20%
Education: Four-year college degree
Equivalency: Equivalent combination of education & experience not considered
Does this position have direct reports: No
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers to fill this role and continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come. The CSE supports technical relationships with the customer for the life cycle of the service including supporting operations and the customer during times of technical/operational difficulties. Apply now and learn more about our challenging career opportunities and flexible work solutions.
You must have the following to be considered for the role:
- University Degree in Electrical Engineering or a similar Engineering discipline, with knowledge of digital network communications and RF signal theory
- Basic knowledge of satellite network architectures and/or IP networking
- Effective English language communication skills, both writtena nd oral
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 20%
- Willingness and ability to occasionally work extended hours, if necessary, to meet business demands
The following are considered a "plus" but not required:
- Cisco networking certification
- Experience in satellite ground segment equipment and terrestrial IP networking
More Job Details:
- Develop and maintain trusting and collaborative customer technical relationships so that customer experiences Intelsat's Technical and Operational Excellence.
- Develop cost effective solutions addressing requirements for key customers leveraging Intelsat assets and product suite.
- Work with all levels of customer organization to identify customer requirements and drivers both technically and financially.
- Perform communications system design and feasibility analysis to develop solutions that meet both the customer needs and the Intelsat strategies.
- Support sales team through customer needs assessments, proposal development and customer communications.
- Support satellite grooming initiatives by providing technical analysis and coordination between customers and the capacity management, sales, and operations to help achieve desired capacity optimizations at minimum costs to Intelsat and maximum benefit/minimum disruption to the customers.
- Support satellite transitions and role consolidation activities by providing technical analysis and coordination between customers and the capacity management team and sales to achieve smooth and effective transitions.
- Use the knowledge gained by working directly with the customers to provide market intelligence to Product Management & New Product Development which can help guide product evolution and new product developments.
- Provide customer training on Intelsat products, customer tools, and Intelsat operations.
- This position requires ITAR access; all candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.