Coordinator, External Grants & Contracts
The Coordinator, External Grants and Contracts within Conservation International’s Finance Department, will serve as an administrative resource for assigned Conservation International (CI) programs ensuring that contracts and grants are processed using standard CI forms and standard processing procedures. The position shepherds grants and contracts through required processes and approvals from the application phase through contracting, reporting, and close-out. The Coordinator will perform standard pre-award due diligence tasks, review reports, trouble-shoot reporting problems, and process payment requests for grants and contracts. This position focuses on data integrity and data management in CI’s grants/contracts systems by entering and maintaining accurate data in the grants/contracts database, workflow management, running and disseminating standard reports, responding to ad hoc requests for data, and troubleshooting system issues.
Grants Management Systems
- Support users of CI’s grants and contracts software;
- Manage central user support email account;
- Create new records in grants and contracts systems;
- Track processing of new awards, amendments, payments and other internal approvals in the system;
- Provide regular and ad hoc reports to programs derived from system generated data;
- Run regular maintenance reports to validate accuracy of grants and contracts data;
- Review requests for changes to active records in the system;
- Track records that need to be closed;
- Capture meeting minutes and action items from regular recurring systems improvement meetings;
Grants and Contracts Policies & Processes
- Perform security screening for new grants and contracts;
- Request pre-award financial documents from organizations applying for grants and review submissions for completion;
- Generate standard templates for agreements and amendments;
- Process payments for grants and contracts;
- Review standard financial reports for completion;
- Track overdue reports, send reporting reminders and advise portfolio managers of reporting compliance issues;
- Maintain e-filing system for grants and contracts policies, templates, training and guidance materials;
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position is based in CI Headquarters in Arlington, VA.
- This is a full-time position.
- Work is typically performed in an office environment.
- The position may require occasional international travel.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of professional experience preferably in support of a contracting or finance function within an international not for profit organization.
- Strong administration skills, a proven ability to develop electronic filing systems and document management protocols;
- Experience with web-based grants and contracts management systems;
- Ability to navigate and provide support to colleagues on information systems used for grant and financial reporting, filing, online collaboration and file sharing;
- Experience with sub-grantee financial reporting and payments;
- Ability to organize and prioritize work such that deadlines for standard and recurring tasks are consistently met with little exception;
- Ability to review and understand data sets in various formats, look for inconsistencies in the data, identify trends, draw conclusions;
- Ability to be flexible and work in a changing environment;
- Highly organized with superior attention to detail;
- High proficiency in office applications such as MS Word and Excel;
- Strong writing and business communication skills.
- Written and spoken fluency in Spanish, French, or Portuguese.
- Experience using Salesforce
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter.