Membership and Operations Associate (Business)
SmithBucklin, a 100 percent employee-owned association management company, is looking for an entry-level Membership & Operations Associate to join our Business + Trade Industry Practice in Washington, DC. Representing the majority of our client organizations, the Business + Trade team helps associations create value for the members by delivering strategy and thought leadership, networking opportunities, commerce solutions, education and certification, and advocacy and promotion. The Membership & Operations Associate plays an integral role in supporting and guiding the nonprofit volunteers and members from our client organizations.
What You Will Do
- Maintain first-rate customer service as the front-line contact to association client organizations and members
- Build and sustain strong member relations through attentive detail in handling member requests and volunteer interaction
- Provide administrative and project support to the client and staff team, including database maintenance and reporting
- Produce content for meeting programs and other electronic communications
- Maintain and update areas of the association website with current information, benefits, member programs, etc.
- Assist with the preparation and coordination of various client meetings, seminars and conferences
This Role Might Be for You If…
- You have demonstrated customer service experience and skills
- You possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- You are proficient in time management and organization
- You have the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- You have the ability to travel 5%
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year institution
- 0-1 year of relevant professional experience
- Practical agency or nonprofit experience is a plus
- Previous experience managing website content is a plus
- Database management experience is a plus
- Web editing experience (Dreamweaver or HTML experience) is a plus
- Proficiency with basic computer programming, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Where Do You Fit?
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a mid- or senior-level professional, working at SmithBucklin will offer you countless opportunities to develop transferrable skills, acquire meaningful knowledge and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, ambitious, multi-talented, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build meaningful, deep and enduring relationships that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. In addition, as a 100 percent employee-owned company, SmithBucklin offers all of our people - regardless of position or compensation - an equal chance to experience the fulfillment and reap the benefits of ownership. As owners, our employees control the destiny of SmithBucklin and are unified in the goal of building a great, enduring company.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At SmithBucklin Corporation, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation based on position.