Program Assistant, Recruiter Programs
The Program Assistant participates in the day-to-day operations developed for the NRA Recruiting Programs. The successful candidate will have a direct impact on the growth of the Recruiting Programs department by completing assigned tasks with maximum efficiency and accuracy. Duties will include data entry and database management, membership processing, inventory analysis, filing, written and oral correspondence with recruiters, members and NRA staff, and other general duties as needed. The successful candidate will have excellent time management skills and will proactively solve problems.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Review and approve all recruiter supply orders placed through the fulfillment warehouse. Maintain inventory at HQ - monitor and report inventory levels.
- Validate and process recruiter applications and coordinate the shipment of starter kits for each new recruiter.
- Route daily incoming mail, inter-departmental mail and routine correspondence to appropriate departmental personnel.
- Process membership applications and follow up with members and recruiters regarding errors and discrepancies.
- Maintain departmental files and respond to incoming phone calls, letters and email.
- Maintain and update Recruiter database and coordinate data input with other departments and individuals.
- Prepare and mail materials and information requests to recruiters. Coordinate components for scheduled mailings.
- Assist department by representing the association at shows and special events when needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Scope: Extensive contact with NRA staff, recruiters, members, and the general public.
Education and Experience:
College degree required. Customer service background and experience in a professional office setting is helpful. Familiarity with firearms and the sporting/firearms industry is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge, awareness, and support of NRA and its position in regard to the Second Amendment and firearms related issues. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office. Acute attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills are required. Must be service oriented with a pleasant phone voice, have a strong command of the English language and possess excellent oral and written communication skills. Must show the ability to work independently as well as part of a team. Must be available for overnight and/or extended travel as requested. Exceptional time management skills and the ability to multi-task are essential.
To apply, please send resume with cover letter and salary expectations (REQUIRED) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The NRA is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer (minority/women/disabled). Please visit careers.nra.org to learn more about working for us.