Accounts Receivable Specialist
The National Press Club is looking for an energetic, hardworking Accounts Receivable Specialist for our Accounting Department. The focus of this position is to provide direct support to our events staff and restaurant managers. Reporting to the Senior Staff Accountant, the Accounts Receivable Specialist will perform the following duties:
- Analyze function sheets to insure proper recording to general ledger
- Work closely with Events managers to promptly close banquet bills and to invoice clients
- Maintain updated D.C. Sales and Use tax certificates and ensure proper application
- Research and resolve billing and payment discrepancies
- Monitor clients’ and members’ accounts and collects outstanding balances
- Oversee credit card billing process
- Complete end of month accounts receivable process and prepare reports for the Finance Director
- Research charge back, returns, and bad checks
- Answer accounts receivable phone inquiries and promptly follows up
- Assist with other accounting projects, as required
- Associate degree in accounting.
- Two to three years’ previous experience
- Requires experience with computerized accounting systems
- Microsoft Word and Excel experience required
- Ability to work well both independently and to work collaboratively in teams.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented, organized, strong follow-through
- Exceptional customer service skills
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Requires the ability to work in an area requiring special attention to detail and regular daily and monthly deadlines.