Marketing & Design Specialist
POSITION TITLE: Marketing & Design Specialist
REPORTS TO: Marketing and Communications Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt (Grant-Funded Position)
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
The Marketing & Design Specialist is responsible for assisting in the execution of a clearly-defined marketing and social media strategy and presence in alignment with the transit system’s marketing plan and direction. Responsible for assisting in the evaluation, planning, and organizing of all marketing and social media channels to help achieve the overall brand objectives while ensuring marketing consistency and strengthening communication and interaction with the customers and community. A wide variety of work is included ranging from graphic design to printed marketing materials to branding and image identity. This position has a heavy emphasis on development of marketing and social media campaigns, website updates and the designing of visual graphics/materials.
MARKETING & DESIGN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively completes design, content and general imagery work representing all elements of DASH, the King Street Trolley and their services.
- Works as needed as a photographer, capturing imagery and video to be used in association with marketing efforts and materials.
- Produces concepts and final products which are attention grabbing and effective in communicating the general mission and purpose of DASH to current and prospective users.
- Works to select and design visual elements to be consistently portrayed throughout the system.
- Works independently and effectively moving projects forward from development to completion, maintaining the status of the project and reporting to the Marketing & Communications Manager.
- Provides recommendations for and assists with website cohesiveness with brand imagery and consistency. Leads all web and social media presence branding, imagery and style guides. Ensures consistency and compliance in all applications.
- Assists with response to engagement on client social media accounts.
- Assists in planning, writing and proofreading the Employee and Customer newsletters
- Assists in the writing, designing, editing, and print coordination and distribution of promotional materials, including the DASH Ride Guide, Rider Bulletins, Bus Posters, etc.
- Assists and monitors project timelines to meet deadlines for marketing materials, including the DASH Ride Guide, employee recognition events, community outreach, employee notices, etc.
- Researches methods for measuring the impact of social media programs and monitor new trends in marketing, social media and digital communications as they pertain to transit.
- Assists in and attends DASH sponsored transit fairs, marketing and promotional events, ribbon cuttings, and networking events.
- Assists with content management of the DASH website and all other communication outlets, and provide backup as necessary, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of graphic design, marketing and related functions.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing; to include professional editing and content design.
- Excellent customer relations skills, strong writing skills and communication skills are a must.
- Thorough working knowledge of computers, hardware and software programs (specifically those related to Graphic Design, Development and Marketing related functions)
- High level of proficiency in using Google Drive/Sheets/Docs, Hootsuite, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+.
- Experience and understanding of digital marketing, SEO, and website maintenance using Drupal
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited college with a bachelor’s degree
(or higher) in Graphic Design, Marketing or a related field.
COMPETITIVE SALARY AND BENEFITS PROGRAM
- Company subsidized employee health coverage
- A fun place to work in a progressive and growing organization
Apply for Marketing & Design Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly