Senior HP Performance Center/LoadRunner Components Manager
General Dynamics IT has an opening for a Senior HP Performance Center (QC), HP LoadRunner Components (Load Generator, VuGen, Controller, Agent Process and Analysis) Usage Consultant and Administrator with strong communications skills as well as technical skills that can manage our customer’s enterprise HP ALM/PC/LoadRunner product suite while providing guidance on best use of these tools to internal project teams. The main focus of this role will be to apply expert level knowledge of the HP performance center server operations and be responsible for maintaining a high degree of HP product suite availability and customer satisfaction. Specific responsibilities will include
- Monitoring and performance optimizationPerform Patches & Upgrades of a large environment with minimal downtime to usersInstall and Deployment of hosts, software/services, patches and hotfixes, add-ins etcPerform analysis on the HP ALM, Performance Center, LoadRunner logs and use problem solving techniquesManage users, groups and projectsOperational support (task and incident management in collaboration with customer's Service Desk)Build/maintain the HP ALM, Performance Center, LoadRunner dashboardsIntegrate the HP ALM, Performance Center, LoadRunner with third party products Generate Monthly Operational ReportsLicense management for the specific productsCommunication with HP software vendorProduction and update of required documentationInterface/integration management (setup and monitoring)
- Analyze business challenges & translates them into requirements, solutions, and estimates to complete installations, implementations, and customization of performance test tools.Work with customer executives and IT Business & Technical Architects to develop detailed technical performance test tool solution designs, configure, test, and deploy new solutions.Interact with the client to define deliverables and discuss issues, questions, and improvements.Consultant role to internal customer project teams, assisting as required in performance test development and configure the functional test infrastructure to validate customer solutionsFrequently contribute to the development of new ideas and methods. Work on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Provide expertise and guidance to internal project teams and participate in cross-functional initiatives. Provide direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Exercising significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. Use technical expertise to help internal project teams and others by answering technical questions regarding the usage, trouble-shooting and functionality of delivery systems products to ensure effective implementation and usage of delivery system products. Apply knowledge of computing systems to choose appropriate troubleshooting techniques to resolve complex, escalated delivery systems problems. Work with appropriate product supplier (HP, HP partner or integrated 3rd party vendor) for enhancements and issues not resolved in-house. Choose appropriate computing products and methods to ensure requirements are met for security, problem management, capacity/performance management and operational management. Build and/or configure HP systems and/or components by obtaining, developing, assembling, and integrating hardware and software components in order to deliver/deploy product or service. Use technical and industry knowledge to choose an appropriate solution from a number of possible standards. Document information such as configuration, installation and user guides following process standards.
- Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
- Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
- Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
- Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
- Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
- Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
- Develops and directs tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
- Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
- Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- BS in Engineering or Information systems 6+ years recent HP Performance Center/LoadRunner admin experience with demonstrated expert level knowledge8-10 years IT experience with demonstrated non-administrative “IT abilities” similar to those listed above. Success of this role will require “IT abilities” similar to those aboveHands-on Experience in creating the necessary processes to manage an Enterprise, multiple Line of business HP Performance Center/LoadRunner System.Proven Experience troubleshooting user issues and good Customer service techniquesExperience designing and implementing the server architecture for HP Performance Center/LoadRunner
- Minimum of 5 years recent experience in automated performance testing. Performance testing of systems in AWS cloud is desired Experience with integrating Jenkins continuous integration with HP ALM/PC/LoadRunner for performance testing desiredProven Expertise in creating HP ALM/PC/LoadRunner test scripts.