GDIT is seeking a Biostatistician to join the team at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland. Responsibilities include:
- Ensure the scientific merit and statistical validity of research protocols.
- Review protocols and grant applications to optimize study design, enhance competitiveness of submissions, and ensure validity of research results.
- Provide statistical consultations to researchers.
- Foster growth and expertise to improve the quality of research design, the integrity of the data collection, and the accuracy of the results in presentations and publications.
- Support up-to-date institutional policies for research review and approval, research execution, and publication clearance to comply with local, federal, and DOD.
- Solve technical problems arising within the mission scope; analyze data from audits and protocols, prepare reports, communicate results with suggested corrective actions to the research teams; communicate findings to research review boards, department heads, and regulatory offices.
- Recommend statistical methods based on a wide variety of possible approaches, and a range of established methods
- Research compliance and administrative problems, develop new information
- Originate approaches, methods and procedures to plan and carry out assignments
- Contribute to standard operating procedures guiding investigators and the institutional and scientific review boards that review and approve research.
- Masters Degree in a scientific discipline.
- 5-10 years of related experience in scientific research, analysis and/or engineering.
- Must be a US Citizen.