Environmental Services Aide II
- *Easy access to public transportation*
- *Tuition assistance*
- *Base rate is $15.00 per hour*
Performs housekeeping duties for Environmental Services. Assigned to work with Assistant Director of Environmental Services, or Housekeeping Supervisor, on regular basis. On evenings and weekends, could also receive direction from Evening Supervisor, as assigned by Assistant Director. May also be assigned at times to receive guidance and instruction from Nursing Department. Guided by advanced knowledge of cleaning techniques and procedures, and operation and use of department equipment and supplies, for housekeeping and floor care. Responsible for timely, courteous and competent services rendered in safe manner for patients, visitors and hospital staff. Accepts additional assignments related to support functions, as needed, to provide service excellence to patients, visitors and hospital staff. Supports Mission of Trinity Health and Holy Cross Health.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Ability to read and comprehend instructions in writing and orally.
3. Ability to read and write information in English regarding duty list, instructional information, and policies and procedures.
4. Ability to use alphanumeric pager and telephone.
5. Customer service core competencies for ability to deal directly with patients, families, visitors, and hospital staff.
6. Able to work independently.
7. On-the-job experience as housekeeper and floor tech at hospital or similar healthcare institution, or in hotel or commercial cleaning.
8. Good physical condition, and general ability to work with hand and power tools.
Holy Cross Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) status.Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.