Visual Information Specialist
America's Combat Logistics Support Agency
The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) is a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) agency. DLA provides worldwide logistics support for the missions of the Military Departments and the Unified Combatant Commands under conditions of peace and war. It also provides logistics support to other DoD Components and certain Federal agencies, foreign governments, international organizations, and others as authorized.
- Occasional Travel
- Travel may be required
To qualify for a Visual Information Specialist your resume and supporting documentation must support:
A. Specialized Experience: One (1) year of specialized experience that equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) or competencies to successfully perform the duties of the position, and is directly in or related to this position. To qualify at the GS-12 level, applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 level or equivalent under other pay systems in the Federal service, military or private sector. To qualify at the GS-11 level, applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09 level or equivalent under other pay systems in the Federal service, military or private sector. Creditable specialized experience includes:
- GS-11: Capturing and producing quality photographs, illustrations, drawings, and other kinds of visual material for presentations; Communicating with various personnel to develop visual material for presentations.
- GS-12: Planning the preparation and use of photographs, illustrations, drawings, and other kinds of visual material for use in exhibit displays; Communicating with various personnel in coordination of exhibit production; Assists in the development of exhibit designs, production, assembly, and fabrication.
B. At the GS-11: Education Substitution: Such education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work. Education must be from a college or university accredited by an organization approved by the U.S. Department of Education. See http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/Search.aspx. If using education to meet basic qualifications, YOU MUST SUBMIT A TRANSCRIPT as supplemental documentation. To qualify based on education in lieu of specialized experience, you must possess:
- Ph.D or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree. Such education must be from an accredited college or university and must demonstrate the knowledge, skills and abilities to do the work. Education must be from an accredited college recognized by the Secretary, U.S. Department of Education see http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/Search.aspx. If using education completed outside the U.S., it must be submitted to a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign educational credentials and such education has been deemed at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education programs (YOU MUST SUBMIT A TRANSCRIPT as supplemental documentation to determine if you meet the mandatory educational qualifications.)
C. Combination: Combinations of successfully completed post-high school education and experience may be used to meet total qualification requirements for grade level GS-11 and may be computed by first determining the applicant's total qualifying experience as a percentage of the experience required for the grade level; then determining the applicant's education as a percentage of the education required for the grade level; and then adding the two percentages. The total percentages must equal at least 100 percent to qualify an applicant for that grade level.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills and abilities) in the following areas:
- Knowledge of the methods, practices, and techniques used in graphic design, photography, production, printing, and layout of visual products.
- Knowledge of exhibit logistical procedures.
- Knowledge of exhibit design and fabrication.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Work Schedule: Full Time
Tour of Duty: Flexible
Overtime Work: Rarely
Security Requirements: Non-Sensitive
Drug Testing Designated Position: No
Fair Labor Standards Act: Non-Exempt
Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
Mission Essential: No
Reemployed Annuitant: does not meet criteria
The DoD criteria for hiring Reemployed Annuitants can be found at:
For an explanation of the conditions of employment, please review the definitions at: