The FMWRC mission is to create and maintain "FIRST CHOICE" MWR products and services for America's Army, essential to a ready, self-reliant force.
This position is located at Club Meade at Fort Meade, Maryland.
1st Cut-Off Date: 17 May 2017
2nd Cut-Off Date: 31 May 2017
This position will remain open until filled.
Club Meade a full service dining and catering facility. Host meetings, conferences, reunions, birthday parties, awards ceremonies, expositions, and wedding receptions. The club offers everything from casual buffet style to elegant, formal dining.
This position is responsible for the support of Club Meade and the Community Conference Activity who provides support to our customers in various scheduled events and functions.
The pay for this position will be set at step 01 of the grade ($14.72PH). Applicants with previous NAF service may be eligible for a higher hourly rate upon verification of prior service and previous rate.
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is within the Local (Fort Meade) Commuting Area. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
The Local (Fort Meade) Commuting Area includes the following:
Washington Local Commuting Area: District of Columbia
Maryland: Counties of Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Calvert, Carroll, Charles, Frederick, Harford, Howard, Montgomery, Prince George's, St. Mary's and Washington.
Virginia: Counties of Albermarle, Arlington, Clarke, Culpeper, Fairfax, Fauquier, Greene, King George, Loudoun, Madison, Orange, Prince William, Spotsylvania, and Stafford.
Pennsylvania: County of Adams.
- Not Required
1. A minimum of 6 months of work experience directly related to the duties described above
2. Knowledge that included skill in working with professional kitchen appliances and equipment.
3. Must be able to communicate (verbal and written) in English.
Skill and Knowledge:
Basic knowledge of food preparation principles and practical understanding of the physical processes that occur in cooking. Knowledge of proper cooking temperatures and preparation methods for a variety of foods. Ability to schedule and coordinate preparation of a number of different foods in order to ensure that they are ready for service at the appropriate mealtime.
Work involves continual standing and walking, frequent stooping, reaching, pushing, pulling, and bending. Must be able to lift or move objects up to 40 pounds unassisted, and occasionally lift or move objects weighing over 40 pounds with the assistance of other workers or lifting devices.
Conditions of Employment:
1. If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click here to view form).
2. Meet all qualification/eligibility requirements.
3. Appointment is subject to completion of a favorable background checks/investigation to determine suitability for this position.
4. Appointment is subject to completion of a favorable installation record checks/credit check to determine suitability for this position.
5. Subject to satisfactory completion of a minimum of 4 hours initial food sanitation and safety training within 30 days of employment and a minimum of 4 hours annual refresher training.
6. May be subject to satisfactory completion of a pre-employment physical.