Food And Beverage Attendant NA-03
The FMWRC mission is to create and maintain "FIRST CHOICE" MWR products and services for America's Army, essential to a ready, self-reliant force.
This position is located at Club Meade at Fort Meade, Maryland.
Club Meade a full service dining and catering facility. Host meetings, conferences, reunions, birthday parties, awards ceremonies, expositions, and wedding receptions. The club offers everything from casual buffet style to elegant, formal dining.
This position is responsible for the support of Club Meade and the Community Conference Activity who provides support to our customers in various scheduled events and functions.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT WILL BE USED TO FILL MULTIPLE VACANCIES. Applications received on or before the cut-off date will be referred to management for consideration. Positions are filled/referred on a continuous basis.
1st Cut-Off Date: Wednesday, May 17, 2017
2nd Cut-Off Date: Wednesday, May 24, 2017
3rd Cut-Off Date: Wednesday, June 14, 2017
4th Cut-Off Date: Wednesday, July 5, 2017
The pay for this position will be set at step 01 of the grade ($11.28PH). Applicants with previous NAF service may be eligible for a higher hourly rate upon verification of prior service and previous rate.
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is within the Local (Fort Meade) Commuting Area. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
The Local (Fort Meade) Commuting Area includes the following:
Washington Local Commuting Area: District of Columbia
Maryland: Counties of Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Calvert, Carroll, Charles, Frederick, Harford, Howard, Montgomery, Prince George's, St. Mary's and Washington.
Virginia: Counties of Albermarle, Arlington, Clarke, Culpeper, Fairfax, Fauquier, Greene, King George, Loudoun, Madison, Orange, Prince William, Spotsylvania, and Stafford.
Pennsylvania: County of Adams.
- Not Required
1. Ability to follow oral and written instructions in English.
2. Must have knowledge of basic math skills.
3. Must know basic food handling techniques, personal hygiene standards and safe work procedures.
Conditions of Employment:
1. If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click here to view form).
2. Meet all qualification/eligibility requirements.
3. Appointment is subject to completion of a favorable background checks/investigation to determine suitability for this position.
4. Appointment is subject to completion of a favorable installation record checks/credit check to determine suitability for this position.
5. Subject to satisfactory completion of a minimum of 4 hours initial food sanitation and safety training within 30 days of employment and a minimum of 4 hours annual refresher training.
6. May be subject to satisfactory completion of a pre-employment physical.
7. Must meet state/local age requirements at the time of appointment if serving alcoholic beverages.
Light to heavy physical effort is required. Frequently lifts and moves items weighing up to 40 pounds. Subject to continuous standing and walking and frequent stooping, reaching, pushing, pulling, and bending. May be required to work on ladders and use powered cleaning equipment.
1. Performs a variety of tasks performing several steps or sequences of tasks that require attention to work operations in a kitchen or dining area following established procedures.
2. Makes simple sandwiches and performs other simple food preparation.
3. Responsible for proper slicing of deli meats and cheeses and cutting of fruits and vegetables for garnish.
4. Responsible for cleaning of dining area, to include but not limited to wiping tables, chairs, emptying the trash, and vacuuming.
5. May operate a beverage cart, working independently, to include loading and unloading the beverage cart