MIDDLE SCHOOL PRINCIPAL
- Holds or is eligible for endorsement as a Middle School Principal
- Has experience as a Teacher, Assistant Principal, or Principal on the Middle School level or equivalent administrative experience
- Possesses leadership qualities and personal characteristics necessary to work effectively with students, teachers, and parents
The Middle School Principal provides leadership for the school staff in the development, implementation, and evaluation of a comprehensive educational program and administers the program in accordance with School Board Policies and Regulations.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides an instructional program consistent with the goals and objectives of the School Division; provides for the continuing development and implementation of an effective instructional program through classroom supervision and instructional leadership; works with the school staff and community to maintain an atmosphere conducive to learning and appropriate student behavior; utilizes available supervisory personnel to ensure an effective instructional program
- Supervises and evaluates the performance of each member of the school staff and establishes individual programs for improvement consistent with the Division's staff development objectives; advises the Personnel office of staff needs and participates in the recruitment, employment, assignment, promotion, transfer, non-renewal, and dismissal of licensed and classified personnel
- Fosters effective home-school communication by providing opportunities for parents and teachers to discuss student progress and other matters of mutual concern and by encouraging community involvement in school activities
- Devises and administers a school budget, utilizing all available funds, which is consistent with Division instructional and administrative goals; supervises the maintenance of accurate bookkeeping records and the accounting of school funds
- Exercises leadership in the development, implementation, and interpretation of Division and School Board Policies and Regulations
- Keeps abreast of developments in Middle School education and in the field of education generally by participating in professional enrichment activities
- Performs related work as required
The Middle School Principal reports to the Division Superintendent through the Director of Middle School Education and the Assistant Superintendent for Instruction.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A LETTER OF INTEREST AND UPDATED RESUME FOR EACH POSITION IN WHICH INTEREST IS EXPRESSED. THE LETTER OF INTEREST MUST INCLUDE THE POSTING NUMBER AND PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PID).
JOBS CLOSE AT 12:00 PM ON CLOSING DATE.
Department of Human Resources and Talent DevelopmentSALARY:
Administrative Position, Level 5
Salary Range: Refer to
12 Month Position, 8 hours per day
Interview date: Thursday, June 1, 2017
DAYS: FROM - TO -