Principal Salesforce Developer
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
No. Vacancies: 1.00
Department: 16405.Information Systems
Location: McLean, VA
Travel %: Less than 10%
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 7 years of experience required
Equivalency: Equivalent combination of education & experience not considered
Does this position have direct reports: No
Primary Purpose of the Position:
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers to fill this role and continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
We're looking for a Principal level Salesforce technical Architect/Developer to serve as a key member of the Salesforce implementation team to perform hands-on development, provide technical leadership and design expertise to implement and support effective technical solutions for Intelsat's CRM system.
This role will be responsible for owning the architecture and drives the design of all components of the Salesforce solution (e.g., configuration, customization and implementation of applications and 3rd party integrations) and manage all stages of the software development life cycle. The candidate must possess and demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the business functions and or /processes that are supported on Salesforce CRM platform.
The candidate will work directly with business stakeholders to identify business needs, define business and technical solution architectures to fulfil requirements, influence business leadership on decisions and drive ownership and acceptance of the provided solution.
- Using an in-depth understanding of business functions and processes, and translates requirements into technical solutions
- Lead a team to deliver full lifecycle SFDC implementations from analysis to delivery of the solution
- Design, develop and maintain solutions configured in Salesforce and/or custom built on the Salesforce platform.
- Design, develop, and maintain integrations between Salesforce and other internal business operational systems.
- Provide technical leadership in the maintenance of the Salesforce implementation and participate as a member of the support team.
- Collaborate and work within Intelsat's business users to understand needs and gather requirements
- Troubleshoot and perform debugging activities, which may require extensive research and analysis
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- A minimum of seven (7) years of hands-on experience in custom development utilizing Salesforce specific tools and technologies (Apex, Visualforce, Flow) is required
- Proven ability to utilize in-depth knowledge of business functions and processes to design and develop software solutions
- In-depth experience in SFDC CRM software solutions design and architectures
- Solid experience with SQL. Full understanding of RDMS concepts and structures.
- Proven experience demonstrating use of analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills to address business needs
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent listening skills and negotiating and influencing skills
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects and meet deadlines
- This position requires ITAR access; all candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.