Membership and Operations Coordinator
6 days left
- Full Time
SmithBucklin, a 100 percent employee-owned association management company, is looking for a Membership and Operations Coordinator to join our Business + Trade Industry Practice in Washington D.C. Representing the majority of our client organizations, the Business + Trade team helps associations create value for the members by delivering strategy and thought leadership, networking opportunities, commerce solutions, education and certification, and advocacy and promotion.
What You Will Do
- Maintain first-rate customer service as the front-line contact to association clients and members
- Coordinate and execute membership renewal programs and identify opportunities to market and promote membership to potential new members
- Oversee the membership and month-end reporting processes
- Assist in the production of member communications, to include drafting and editing newsletters and e-alerts
- Assist with website and social media content management
- Coordinate and assist with conference and meeting responsibilities; prepare post-meeting reports for leadership
- Serve as liaison to various association committees and provide support to volunteers
- With executive director and manager, review monthly financial statements and participate in the development of the annual budget, monthly financial forecasting and annual audit activities
This Role Might Be for You If…
- You have a demonstrated history of handling multiple tasks simultaneously and the ability to prioritize a heavy workload
- You have the ability to manage projects and people resources to meet objectives
- You possess excellent written and verbal communications skills
- You exhibit a genuine customer service orientation
- You have the ability to travel 10%
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year institution or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience
- Experience in a nonprofit and/or association environment is a plus
- Previous experience in budget management and forecasting is a plus
- Database management experience is a plus
- Proficiency with basic computer programming, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Where Do You Fit?
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a mid- or senior-level professional, working at SmithBucklin will offer you countless opportunities to develop transferrable skills, acquire meaningful knowledge and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, ambitious, multi-talented, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build meaningful, deep and enduring relationships that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. In addition, as a 100 percent employee-owned company, SmithBucklin offers all of our people - regardless of position or compensation - an equal chance to experience the fulfillment and reap the benefits of ownership. As owners, our employees control the destiny of SmithBucklin and are unified in the goal of building a great, enduring company.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At SmithBucklin Corporation, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation based on position.