Part-Time Program Monitor (Health)
Summary: The Program Monitor develops and administers plans to ensure ORR funded programs serving refugees comply with the grant requirements; and ORR/DRA policies and procedures.
- Conducts on-site monitoring on the programmatic and technical aspects of assigned grants;
- Conducts entrance and exit meetings with the grantee staff to discuss program challenges; the monitoring process and the mechanism(s) for feedback;
- Conducts interviews with grantee staff; external stakeholders; and program participants to obtain information about program administration; operations; and quality of service provided;
- Reviews program documentation and program files; including financial records; to ensure compliance with grant requirements and ORR policies and procedures;
- Assesses grantees' oversight responsibilities of the federal grant funds awarded;
- Assesses quality of services offered;
- Identifies successful and innovative program implementation/administration processes/products; and any technical assistance needs;
- Issues a monitoring report within the prescribed protocol for the monitoring visit;
- Provides notes/documents/records of monitoring trip to ORR;
- Provides technical assistance as coordinated with ORR;
- Participates in meetings as scheduled;
- Summarizes and presents findings to ORR management as required.
Requires BS/BA degree
- Requires 8+ years of relevant refugee program experience; including 4+ years providing or administering health services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expert in MS Office suite of tools
- Experience working with immigrants; refugees; and underserved populations is preferred
This position may be located anywhere within the continental United States; and will be home-based or local office-based depending on region. Long-distance travel (estimated at about 1 trip per month) within the US is required; and will be reimbursed as per Federal travel regulations.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.