Summary: The Information Analyst supports the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR), Division of Children's Services, in Washington, DC. This role is responsible for the overall development of rules and methods for data collection, as well as fulfilling data request.
- Develop rules and methodologies for data collection and analysis
- Receive, collate, and store diverse data sets from field and headquarters staff
- Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis and interpretation of diverse data sets
- Use data analysis tools (such as SAS, MS Excel and Access) to write queries and run various reports
- Provide technical assistance, training, and support to field and headquarters staff on data issues
- Respond to and fulfill data requests from internal and external agencies
- Prepare presentations that reflect the results of data analysis and trend analysis
- Provide weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to management team
- Work closely with agency management and data technologists on data storage and data quality issues
- Work effectively with many stakeholders to identify solutions to any data/system problem at hand.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
- Participate in special projects as required
Bachelor's Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
- 5-8 years of related experience
- Excellent analytical skills
- Knowledge of the principals, methods, and techniques used in statistical/data analysis
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Expert user of MS Office (Excel and Access) and other statistical/analytical tools
- Expert user of MS SharePoint
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.