Principal Systems Engineer
5 days left
- Full Time
Principal Systems Engineer & Subject Matter Expert TS/SCI Required Ft Belvoir, VA Position Highlights:General Dynamics Information Technology is seeking candidates who are capable of:
- Designing and defining IT Enterprise system architectures for new or existing computer systems.Performing concept development, technology evaluations, systems architecture development, and systems integration and test activities for customized engineering services and products.Developing solutions to solve customer requirements as well as plan future capabilities and technology roadmaps.
- Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.Develops documentation on new or existing systems.Develops and directs tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities.Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.Participates in special projects as required.
- Have work experience supporting the DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) as well as staff experience supporting a senior military headquarters.Possesses expertise in Army missions, tools, CONOPS, and TTPs.Must have strong analytical skills, experience in DoDAF, and be well versed in Open Architecture and various development principles.Must be customer focused and possesses collaboration skills; will interface with Army customers and INSCOM community members’ development, programs, and technical leadership teams.Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience in preparing and presenting technical reports, briefings, and design reviews to Government and internal senior leaders.Must be able to interface with design engineers, customers, and end users.Must be willing to perform short / long term business travel (2 to 6 weeks).Create and present detailed design documents to internal and external customers.Have the ability to specify interface verification requirements and planning and executing detailed system integration activities.Have the ability to manage time and resources to meet assigned deadlines as demonstrated by successful execution experience.Displays a high level of initiative and ability to deliver results on technical projects.Experience in technical support to proposals and design reviews.
- Advanced knowledge of systems engineering principles, methods, and techniques.Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment.Professional certification in one or more specific technologies may be required, depending on job assignment.
- Practical experience at multiple Army sites preferredExperience with the following engineering tools/technologies: DOORs, ClearCase/ClearQuest, Atlassian/JIRAExperience with TOGAFExperience with the following system and software applications:
- Windows Active Director
- Windows services
- Red Hat
- DoD 8570 IAT II CertifiedRequired Security Environment Certification:
- CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
- MCSA: Cloud Platform, orMCSA: Server 2012/2016, orVMWare: VCP 5/6/7
- IAT III Certified: CISSP, CASP (CE), GCIH, GCED, or CISAMCSE: Cloud PlatformMCSE: Server 2012/2016ITIL FoundationPMP is highly desirable