The FMWRC mission is to create and maintain "FIRST CHOICE" MWR products and services for America's Army, essential to a ready, self-reliant force.
This position is located at Club Meade at Fort Meade, Maryland.
Club Meade a full service dining and catering facility. Host meetings, conferences, reunions, birthday parties, awards ceremonies, expositions, and wedding receptions. The club offers everything from casual buffet style to elegant, formal dining.
This position is responsible for the support of Club Meade and the Community Conference Activity who provides support to our customers in various scheduled events and functions.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT WILL BE USED TO FILL MULTIPLE VACANCIES. Applications received on or before the cut-off date will be referred to management for consideration. Positions are filled/referred on a continuous basis.
1st Cut-Off Date: Wednesday, May 17, 2017
2nd Cut-Off Date: Wednesday, May 24, 2017
The pay for this position will be set at step 01 of the grade ($11.28PH). Applicants with previous NAF service may be eligible for a higher hourly rate upon verification of prior service and previous rate.
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is within the Local (Fort Meade) Commuting Area. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
The Local (Fort Meade) Commuting Area includes the following:
Washington Local Commuting Area: District of Columbia
Maryland: Counties of Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Calvert, Carroll, Charles, Frederick, Harford, Howard, Montgomery, Prince George's, St. Mary's and Washington.
Virginia: Counties of Albermarle, Arlington, Clarke, Culpeper, Fairfax, Fauquier, Greene, King George, Loudoun, Madison, Orange, Prince William, Spotsylvania, and Stafford.
Pennsylvania: County of Adams.
- Not Required
1. Where duties involve selling alcoholic beverages applicant must meet state/local age requirements for the serving of alcoholic beverage at the time of appointment.
2. Possess basic math skills necessary to compute patron bills and make change.
3. Be able to communicate effectively in English.
4. Have work experience performing the duties identified.
Skills and Knowledge: Knowledge of sanitary food handling and serving techniques. Math ability to compute checks and make change. Ability to recognize the signs of intoxication.
Conditions of Employment:
1. If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click here to view form).
2. Meet all qualification/eligibility requirements.
3. Appointment is subject to completion of a favorable background checks/investigation to determine suitability for this position.
4. Appointment is subject to completion of a favorable installation record checks/credit check to determine suitability for this position.
5. Subject to satisfactory completion of a minimum of 4 hours initial food sanitation and safety training within 30 days of employment and a minimum of 4 hours annual refresher training.
6. May be subject to satisfactory completion of a pre-employment physical.
7. Must meet state/local age requirements at the time of appointment if serving alcoholic beverages.