Recreation Aid NF-01
*** NOTE: The announcement close date has been extended FROM 10 July 2017 TO 31 August 2017 to accept additional applications.
*** NOTE: This announcement has been amended to display the most up to date pay scale for NF level positions that went into effect 1 July 2017. Salary range changed FROM $9.01 - $10.50 / Per Hour TO now reflect $9.25 - $10.50 / Per Hour.
This position is located at The Lanes Fort Meade (Bowling Center) at Fort Meade, Maryland.
The FMWRC mission is to create and maintain "FIRST CHOICE" MWR products and services for America's Army, essential to a ready, self-reliant force.
The Lanes Fort Meade is a family fun center and one of the finest bowling facilities in the military, featuring 36 lanes of bowling, a full service Pro Shop (#1 in the Army), and a sensational cafe offering a variety of traditional league bowling, as well as open play for the recreational bowler.
1st Cut-Off Date: Monday, 22 May 2017
2nd Cut-Off Date: Wednesday, 7 June 2017
3rd Cut-Off Date: TBD
*** NOTE: Applications received before or on the cut-off date will be referred to management for consideration. Positions are filled/referred on a continuous basis. ***
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is within the Local (Fort Meade) Commuting Area. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
The Local (Fort Meade) Commuting Area includes the following:
Washington Local Commuting Area: District of Columbia
Maryland: Counties of Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Calvert, Carroll, Charles, Frederick, Harford, Howard, Montgomery, Prince George's, St. Mary's and Washington
Virginia: Counties of Albermarle, Arlington, Clarke, Culpeper, Fairfax, Fauquier, Greene, King George, Loudoun, Madison, Orange, Prince William, Spotsylvania, and Stafford
Pennsylvania: County of Adams.
- Not Required
No experience required.
Possess six (6) months experience working as a cashier in a customer service related field.
*** NOTE: Applicants who meet both the minimum qualifications and highly preferred criteria listed in the announcement will be referred first. Preference eligible candidates who do not meet this criteria will not be referred as highly preferred. ***
Conditions of Employment:
1. If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click here to view form).
2. Meet all qualification/eligibility requirements.
3. Appointment is subject to completion of a favorable background checks/investigation to determine suitability for this position.
4. Appointment is subject to completion of a favorable installation record checks/credit check to determine suitability for this position.
1. Issue bowling lanes and equipment (shoes, light weight balls, etc...) to customers at the bowling center.
2. Using Point of Sale (POS) checkout customers and take payment.
3. Answer phones and provide general information to customers about services offered at the bowing center.
4. Provide quality customer service to facility patrons.
5. Complete appropriate end of shift paper work.