The Office of the Clerk for the U.S. House of Representatives is seeking a talented and energetic Helpdesk Technician to join a team that supports hardware and software for the Office of the Clerk. A successful candidate will support a wide range of computer equipment and applications.
This candidate will be someone who takes initiative, enjoys finding solutions when presented with challenges, works to build strong working relationships with key stakeholders, is very detail-oriented, and takes pride in their work. As an experienced Helpdesk Technician, the applicant must have the temperament to communicate with a variety of personalities in a tactful, pleasant and professional manner. The applicant must also be able to exercise discretion and independent judgment in fulfillment of responsibilities.
- Not Required
• A minimum of 3 years experience working in a technical support capacity.
• Strong knowledge of the Windows desktop operating systems and MS Office.
• Strong knowledge of computer hardware, printers, scanners, and smart phones.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory.
• Good troubleshooting skills required.
• Knowledge of Apple products such as iPhone, iPads and Macs desired.
College degree preferred.
Continued employment is contingent upon satisfactorily completing a criminal history records check. Employment with the U.S. House of Representatives is at-will. EOE.