- Holds a Bachelor’s Degree and experience in the administrative support function or an equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide for the successful completion of the assigned responsibilities.
- Applicable experience including work with an automated financial management system of a large organization (school system preferred)
- Working knowledge of personal computers including Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Good human relations and communication skills and the ability to work under pressure are essential
The Financial Analyst reports to the Supervisor of Technology Operations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and stoop, kneel, crouch or bend and may be required to lift up to approximately 25 pounds.JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Financial Analyst performs standard financial and accounting tasks in an established financial management system. This staff member responsible for the maintenance and reconciliation of technology accounts such as operating, lease purchase, grant, and eRate. The position reviews and recommends modification, if necessary, to ensure compliance with proper reporting procedures and controls. Independent judgment is exercised in applying acquired knowledge and skills for the performance of the assigned responsibilities.
- Maintains and verifies internal controls established for recording expenses and revenues received
- Works with Business and Financial Services staff related to invoicing, and proper coding for all technology expenditures
- Incorporates analysis of historical and current expenses to provide budgetary projections for the current fiscal year and subsequent budgetary periods
- Prepares weekly and monthly expenditure reports and projections
- Reviews and provides feedback to management related to planned versus actual expenditures
- Works with Business and Financial Services staff to ensure compliance with Federal and State requirements and School Board policies and procedures regarding eRate, lease purchase, and grant expenditures
- Maintains ownership of DTS financial templates and process to maintain a high level of visibility, clarity, and accuracy into current year financials and budgetary projections; performs financial reviews as assigned by the Director of Technology Operations and Support
- Performs related work as required
JOBS CLOSE AT 12:00 PM ON THE CLOSING DATE.APPLY TO:
Department of Human Resources and Talent DevelopmentSALARY:
Classified Position, Level 16
Salary Range: Refer to
12 month position, 8 hours per dayDAYS: FROM - TO -