HVAC TECHNICIAN II
- Must hold a Journeyman’s License in the Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning trade (Master’s HVAC License preferred)
- Must possess a Universal Refrigerant Recovery License
- Knowledge of the heating and air conditioning trade; and of the tools, equipment, and materials used in the trade
- Ability to perform skilled heating and air conditioning repair work; to use the tools, equipment, and materials of the trade safely and efficiently
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions, to communicate effectively, and to work cooperatively with others. Must be able to use information technology systems to receive work assignments and other communications.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, climb a ladder and use an aerial lift; stoop, kneel, crouch or bend; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms; and lift and carry up to approximately 50 pounds. The employee is regularly required to see. May occasionally be exposed to extreme temperatures or other inclement weather, and loud noises.JOB DESCRIPTION: This is skilled heating and air conditioning work. An applicant for this position must hold a minimum of a Journeyman's License in Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning. The employee is responsible for ensuring that heating, ventilation, and air conditioning equipment, pneumatic and digital controls, and related equipment are properly maintained and repaired. Work includes three main areas: maintenance of RTU’s and packaged equipment, energy management systems, and minor chiller components. The work is performed in accordance with standard practices of the trade and applicable codes and regulations. An experienced worker in this position initiates his/her own daily assignments, follows through on matters, and uses independent judgment and training to take appropriate actions to deal with standard recurring situations. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs routine maintenance and repairs, installations or replacements of commercial HVAC equipment; includes roof top units, VAV’s, fan coils, blower motors, dampers, circulating pumps, gas/oil furnaces, chillers, cooling towers, water pipe loop systems
- Performs new installations or replacements of commercial HVAC systems and components
- Performs preventive maintenance inspection of mechanical systems and equipment, orders replacement parts and materials, coordinates installation schedule with customers.
- Performs related work as required.
JOBS CLOSE AT 12:00 PM ON THE CLOSING DATE.APPLY TO:
Department of Human Resources and Talent DevelopmentSALARY:
Classified Position, Level 13
Salary Range: Refer to
12 Month Position, 8 hours per dayDAYS: FROM - TO -