CAPITAL PROJECT SPECIALIST
2 days left
- Full Time
Graduation from college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Construction, Business, Accounting, or related field, and experience in forecasting and/or database management; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the following knowledge, abilities, and skills:
- Strong working knowledge of the theory, principles, practices, and techniques of construction and construction cost valuation, construction planning, creating and maintaining accurate construction budgets, accounting, and financial management systems.
- High level analytical skills including statistics and mathematics. Good communication and publication skills.
- Outstanding technical skills with emphasis on the ability to use available spreadsheet, database, and word processing systems. Database development knowledge a plus.
- Strong organizational skills. Knowledge of office procedures and practices.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or bend and may be required to lift up to approximately 25 pounds. Occasionally exposed to extreme temperatures.JOB DESCRIPTION:
This is administrative work for the development, analysis, planning and maintenance of the LCPS Capital Improvement Program. This position is responsible for managing all construction estimates for forecasted Capital Projects, and must maintain and analyze market, cost and schedule data for the Construction Services department. The employee oversees the Division Facilities Databases and is a lead role in the design and presentation of the Capital Improvement Program planning spreadsheets and documents, as well as all information in the Division’s Facilities Database. All important aspects of the work are subject to detailed and specific procedures, but considerable judgment is required.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the development of long-range forecasts for Capital Improvement Project costs and funding schedules using historical and current data. Works with other Support Services departments to ensure accuracy and timeliness of data collection; compiles and prepares properly formatted reports; obtains supplementary information as needed; is lead role in organizing and assembling the CIP documents; and researches and answers questions as needed.
- Develops models for “what-if” analysis in CIP future plans across horizons anywhere from 2 to 40 years; identifies information that would enhance such planning if it is not available and develops a plan across Support Services departments to obtain it; creates forecasts employing both best-case and worst-case scenarios and keeps them regularly updated.
- Administers the Facilities Database and reviews on a regular basis for accuracy and reasonableness.
- Plans facility renovation schedule of work and obtains supplementary information about this subject as needed.
- Develops reports using analytical, strategic and statistical methods.
- Coordinates all meetings of CIP and Facility Database Tasks Forces.
- Performs related work as required.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A LETTER OF INTEREST AND UPDATED RESUME FOR EACH POSITION IN WHICH INTEREST IS EXPRESSED. THE LETTER OF INTEREST MUST INCLUDE THE JOB NUMBER AND PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PID).
JOBS CLOSE AT 12:00 PM ON CLOSING DATE.
Department of Human Resources and Talent DevelopmentSALARY:
Administrative Position, Level 1
Salary Range: Refer to
12 Month Position, 8 hours per day
DAYS: FROM - TO -