Bachelor’s Degree and ten years’ experience in the administrative support function or an equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide for the successful completion of the assigned responsibilities.
- Work with enterprise wide payroll/human capital management systems of a large organization, Oracle experience in a school system is preferred
- Knowledge of VRS is a plus
- Ability to analyze and evaluate payroll procedures to maximize efficiencies
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Ability to meet communicated deadlines and schedules
- Good human relations and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Adherence & knowledge of LCPS policies and procedures
- To be able to analyze and evaluate payroll accounting procedures and make recommendations for efficiencies within the payroll function
The Payroll Coordinator reports to the Payroll Supervisor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or bend and may be required to lift up to approximately 25 pounds. Occasionally exposed to extreme temperatures.JOB DESCRIPTION:
This Payroll Coordinator will assist in the overall operations of the payroll services office for the School Division. This is a professional position that is responsible for the Oracle EBS payroll modules. The position is responsible for overseeing the semi-monthly payroll processes, reconcile pay run, ensure timely tax payments, and file the appropriate federal, state and local organizations are processed. This position is responsible for cross training and development of all payroll staff. Independent judgment is necessary in applying acquired knowledge and skills to the performance of responsibilities.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises the preparation of the payroll; filing of the taxes, filing the monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Reviews the semi-monthly payroll reports for accuracy; approves process and reporting
- Develop cross-training procedures within payroll
- Research and resolve questions from administrators and employees as they relate to the processing of payroll information
- Reconcile the processing of the Virginia Retirement System (VRS) payments, interface, and reporting
- Interprets and recommends implementation standards to ensure compliance with federal and state laws and regulations as related to payroll
- Performs related work as required
ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A LETTER OF INTEREST AND UPDATED RESUME FOR EACH POSITION IN WHICH INTEREST IS EXPRESSED. THE LETTER OF INTEREST MUST INCLUDE THE JOB NUMBER AND PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PID).
JOBS CLOSE AT 12:00 PM ON CLOSING DATE.APPLY TO:
Department of Human Resources and Talent DevelopmentSALARY:
Administrative Position, Level 1
Salary Range: Refer to
12 Month Position, 8 hours per dayDAYS: FROM - TO -