Sr. Assistant Dean and Director of Executive and Professional Education
The director will lead the Office of Executive and Professional Education by providing academic and operational leadership in the development and delivery of high quality innovative programming for a diverse set of non-credit and credit bearing academic offerings. The position will collaborate with main campus partners including: the School of Continuing Studies (SCS), the McDonough School of Business (MSB), the School of Foreign Service (SFS), the Office of the Provost, the Office of Global Engagement and University Counsel on new initiatives focused on cultivating of external partnerships in an effort to secure new revenue streams to the University. The position will also oversee the delivery of existing custom and main campus programs, including: The Josoor Institute Initiatives; GEMBA (MSB) residency in Qatar; Emergency and Disaster Management (SCS) degree, custom short courses (not for credit) and community education classes to name a few.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Provide day-to-day academic and operational leadership to the Office of Executive and Professional Education (OEPE);
- Develop and oversee growth plan for the division responsible for new academic programming and initiatives that includes enrollment and revenue targets;
- Establish and manage external partnerships for the purpose of designing, developing and delivering custom professional programming at the diploma and certificate levels;
- Develop and implement academic vision for EPE to include the establishment of appropriate admissions requirements and academic standards, policies, and procedures;
Key Activities include:
- Collaborate with MSB, SCS, SFS and other main campus schools/departments on the development of new and existing programs;
- Identify new academic and training opportunities in Qatar and the GCC/MENA region;
- Develop and implement processes for evaluating the quality and effectiveness of current programs and initiatives;
- Serve as senior strategic and academic leader for the Josoor Institute Initiative;
- Maintain close working relationship with the director and operations director of the Josoor Institute.
- Develop and oversee the GU-Josoor Faculty Advisory Committee on new programs, course frameworks, strategic direction etc.
- In coordination with the COO and the CCO, develop and implement EPE external engagement strategy;
- In coordination with the Faculty External Engagement Committee, oversee the design, development and delivery of Community Classes at GU-Q.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with external organizations, including local government ministries;
- In collaboration with the COO and CFO, oversee expenses and revenues, and reporting obligations;
- Manage team of 3 professionals, including setting and reviewing performance objectives, and identifying training and development needs;
- Participate in and contribute to the bi-weekly “Doha-DC” Qatar Governance calls;
- Teach, where applicable and as needed;
- Master's degree in Higher Education, MBA or other equivalent, PhD preferred;
- Ten plus years of experience in a leadership position in higher education, with experience in budget development, strategic planning, academic administration and operational management in a data driven environment;
- Extensive academic administrative management and program management experience, with an emphasis on program planning, development, and evaluation;
- Successful supervisory experience. Experience in developing new divisions, processes, administrative functions and the hiring and supervision of administrative and academic personnel;
- Experience in managing executive and/or professional education programs;
- Knowledge of designing and developing custom, professional and executive education programs at the certificate, diploma and degree levels;
- Knowledge of program partnership outreach, marketing and enrollment management strategies to increase student enrollments;
- Experience in the online synchronous and asynchronous formats and in experiential group learning environments;
- Experience working with Learning Management Systems such as Blackboard or Canvass.
- Knowledge of the Middle East / GCC region;
- Previously demonstrated multi-tasking ability in a results orientated environment;
- Superb critical and analytical thinking abilities, strong written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with faculty and staff in a University environment.
- Extensive working knowledge of MS Office suite of programs.
- Ability to create reports in Microsoft Excel and other relevant software.
- Experience in the creation, design and delivery of online offerings a plus;
- Knowledge of Arabic language preferred although not essential;
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.