Information Assurance Specialist - 1260
The MIL Corporation seeks an Information Assurance Specialist to support a Federal Government client at our Lexington Park, Maryland location.
• Perform Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinate with other government agencies to record and report incidents
• Perform network vulnerability assessments, intrusion detection and incident response
• Analyze systems to identify vulnerabilities, anomalous network behavior, compromised network hardware, and advanced malware
• Provide prioritized recommendations to either remove or mitigate the issues detected, helping to harden and defend the network
• Utilize commercial, open-source and internal, custom-built tools and techniques
• Aid the customer in implementing many of the corresponding countermeasures; provide guidance in handling incidents where malicious network traffic behavior is identified and in removing malware
• Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation
• Recognize potential, successful and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information
• Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Management or related field and 4 years (5 desired) of practical computer security experience in secure network and system design, analysis, procedure/test generation, test execution, and implementation of computer/network security mechanisms -OR- HS/GED and 8 years
• 2 to 5 years of related experience in data security administration
• Possess appropriate current DoD Information Assurance (IA) certification; i.e., CompTIA Security+ CE and Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
• DoD 8570 Certification, including IAM-II
• CISSP certification
• Military experience
• TS SCI clearance
All applicants for this position must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance; please note that the clearance process takes into account financial background aspects.
The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.