The Senior Accountant is a key member of the finance team responsible for significant contribution to ensure the compliance and integrity of revenue recognition policies and general ledger accounting management. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of accounting concepts and the ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks effectively.
As a key member of the team the Senior Accountant will assist the Controller with general accounting /finance responsibilities and provide top-level support to fellow co-workers.
- Perform monthly close routines and assist with the management of the monthly close schedule;
- Prepare and review journal entries to include sufficient documentation/support;
- Coordinates accounting matters with other departments and locations;
- Provides guidance and training to team members, as needed;
- Responsible for invoicing all revenue activities including recurring monthly revenue;
- Review sales contracts to ensure proper revenue recognition;
- Analyze and understand complete product line/offerings and revenue/expense streams to ensure proper revenue recognition;
- Ensure ERP system product code and revenue arrangements are correctly setup in the financial system;
- Prepare and maintain revenue schedule for VSOE revenue recognition consideration and compliance;
- Provides research and analysis to resolve accounting discrepancies;
- Maintains various monthly balance sheet reconciliation schedules to ensure ledger accuracy;
- Assists with the month-end financial reporting and variance analysis;
- Assists with annual financial audit;
- Identifies system inefficiencies or issues and provides solutions for system(s) enhancement;
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment to exchange information and support
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Comprehensive grasp of accounting principles and how to apply them
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or business related field.
- 4-6 years of related accounting experience with a minimum of 2-year public accounting experience with Big 4 Firms.
- Strong MS Excel skills (pivot tables, look-ups, etc.)
- Active CPA is desired
- Information Technology experience is a plus
- NetSuite experience preferred