Surgical Technology Full-Time Faculty
Full-time Faculty - Surgical Technology
Takoma Park/Silver Spring
$58,844 - $81,821 per academic year
This job posting will be opened until filled.
Montgomery College, Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus, has need for a Full-time Faculty, position # 2612, for the Surgical Technology Associate Degree Program in the Health Sciences Institute
, beginning Fall 2017 semester. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner who can serve as the Program Coordinator or Clinical Coordinator or Didactic faculty, meeting accreditation standards.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- The faculty member will be responsible for organization, leadership, administration, continuous review, planning, development, and general effectiveness of didactic and/or clinical experiences and outcomes for students enrolled in the surgical technology program.
- Responsibilities include didactic and laboratory instruction and assisting with the coordination of the program and/or clinical placements for students, providing direction and guidance of clinical instructors, laboratory and clinical instruction.
- The faculty member should pursue ongoing formal training designed to maintain and upgrade his/her professional, instructional, and leadership capabilities.
- Faculty members serve on department, discipline campus and college committees as well as advise students.
- Associate Degree, AS, AOS, AA,from an accredited college or university, in any field or discipline.
- For the Program Director/Coordinator, the credential of the candidate must be in the field of surgical technology and through a national credentialing organization that is accredited by the National Commission on Certifying Agencies (NCCA), Certified Surgical Technologist or joint Certified Surgical Technologist/Certified First Assistant. The candidate should have a minimum of five (5) years of current operating room experiences in a scrub role or as an instructor in surgical technology, or in a combination of both, within the past ten (10) years.
- Or for the Clinical Coordinator position, the candidate should hold a current surgical technology- specific credential that is accredited by the National Commission of Certifying Agencies (NCCA). The candidate should have a minimum of three (3) years of current experience in the operating room in a scrub role or three (3) years of current experience as an instructor of surgical technology or a combination of both within the past five (5) years.
- Demonstrated proficiency in instructional methodology, curriculum design, and program planning.
- Evidence of demonstrated teaching excellence.
- Computer and software skills including the use of MS Office with Word and PowerPoint, as well as other teaching methodologies, requiring the use of technology such as Smart Instructor Work Stations.
- Excellent communication skills, especially in written communication and composition.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship
- A Masters or Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university is preferred, with a degree in surgical technology or related health science field.
- Five or more years of experience as a program director.
- Three or more years of experience as a clinical coordinator.
- This job posting will be opened until filled.
- To apply, please visit http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment.
- The application process includes 10 steps.
- Step 10 is a Summary of your information. You can update and edit information up to the closing date for the receipt of applications for a specific job announcement.
- For consideration, you must:
- Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
- Complete a set of pre-screening questions (Step 4); and
- E-sign your application. (Step 9)
Failure to complete the pre-screening questions or to e-sign your application will automatically result in your elimination from consideration for this position.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire
- Successful completion of a background check
- Participation in a retirement plan
- Submission of an official transcript of the degree required for the position
Note: This recruitment effort can take 6-12 weeks (from the deadline date) to fill.
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace.
For disability- related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to:
at least two weeks
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.