Executive Assistant to VP of Programs
Under minimal supervision, provides a full range of executive assistant and administrative support to the Vice President, Programs. Duties range from managing the daily schedule of the Vice President, preparing / drafting / editing presentations and correspondence, maintaining files, and making travel arrangements. Creates or compiles databases or spreadsheets. Provides administrative support to the Manager, Corporate Programs, including day-to-day processing of materials related to project descriptions, research publications, and other program-related efforts as needed. Provides administrative support for assigned Senior Fellows. Assists the Executive Office in planning and implementing meetings and workshops involving government and other external participants.
- Organizes and maintains files and databases in support of activities, projects, tasks, and other program-related efforts. Provides support with day-to-day workflow of program-related documents and publications, including scanning and maintaining electronic repositories, and assembling and distributing monthly reports.
- Prepares written materials, such as letters, memoranda, tables, charts, and briefing materials, as needed.
- Organizes and retrieves documents on computerized databases, such as project descriptions, task planning sheets, mailing lists, and periodic reports. Maintains program-related databases shared with divisions and ensures material is accurate and complete.
- Plans, organizes and implements short-term projects. Prioritizes work and independently seeks out relevant information. Coordinates with necessary staff to verify project timelines and schedules.
- Maintains schedules and appointments of regular and ad hoc meetings; prepares travel requisitions (e.g., airline and hotel reservations, rental car, and passing of security clearances), and maintains personal itineraries for assigned staff.
- Schedules and coordinates the administrative aspects of meetings at IDA involving government officials and other external participants, as well as special events and workshops that take place outside IDA.
- Assures security requirements are met, and coordinates necessary administrative requirements with relevant staff throughout IDA’s divisions and directorates.
- Assists the Executive Assistant to the President, as required. Provides primary phone coverage for assigned staff and back-up phone coverage for others in IDA Headquarters
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Eight (8) or more years administrative experience; must include experience supporting senior management.
- Excellent command of English grammar with strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to compose, write, edit, and proofread a variety of written materials.
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality; able to effectively and diplomatically communicate orally and in writing with all levels of staff.
- Team player, contributes to a positive work environment, gets along well with colleagues.
- Must be a self-starter, have ability to think ahead and take initiative.
- Strong time management skills and ability to coordinate and prioritize projects and assignments with little supervision. Must be self-directed and detail oriented in completing assigned projects and tasks.
- Attention to detail is critical.
- Strong proficiency with word processing, presentation, and spreadsheets. Experience using Microsoft Office Product Suite.
- Experience in government, government contracting, academic, R&D, or professional services environments strongly preferred.
- Ability to learn new software programs quickly, i.e., travel program.
- A minimum of an active Secret security clearance required