(Senior) Marketing Director-Chemical Medicines-Core (886-679)
The (Senior) Marketing Director Chemical Medicines-Core Program Unit Team (PUT) will be responsible for managing and leading marketing efforts for the business by understanding the compendial process and significance of active pharmaceutical ingredients and finished dosage form standards in the Chemical Medicines portfolio. The director will be responsible for shaping and managing the business area for USP by translating the current, global segmentation work in order to build the business case for new opportunities and amplify and drive existing products through creative marketing in a Business to Business environment. This will be done through data driven marketing plans based on market research; gathering customer insights; developing messages that tie directly to a targeted marketing plan with the intention of driving sustainability and impact of the Chemical Medicines PUT. The director will set strategic imperatives and drive tactics cross functionally in order to realize success and sustainability of this business. The director will need to demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively with the customer development team and internal support functions (marketing communications, stakeholder engagement, market intelligence, legal, finance and accounting, etc.) to ensure maximum business impact and bring everyone along the journey. This role will shape and explore opportunities to tailor existing programs to meet customer needs, ensure sustainability of program, identify correlations to the work and public health impact and leverage advocacy arms of USP in Chemical Medicines. This role is currently an individual contributor with the opportunity to manage staff depending on the business need
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develops the business and marketing plans for the Chemical Medicines business for USP
- Organizes, designs, and drives a comprehensive marketing plan for pharmacopeial product interest (new and existing).
- Develops and driving the goals, objectives, strategies and tactics for market penetration and reach with a specific focus on product introduction.
- Recommends new products, systems and services to the Chemical Medicines Program Unit Team (PUT) after researching opportunities.
- Defines and creates business plans for new opportunities.
- Applies technical knowledge to marketing and selling solutions, and identifies new business opportunities
- Manages by influence and collaboration on designated project sub-teams
- Assists in identifying and monitoring key market trends and actualize them into product offerings
- Devises metrics to gauge success on marketing efforts not only in terms of revenue, but in terms of maximizing public health impact and reporting on them routinely
- Working with cross-functional groups (e.g. R&D, marketing communications, market intelligence, and sales) to deliver results.
- Translating customer insights into tactical plans and executes against those plans
Education and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or scientific field is required.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 10 years of related work experience with a minimum of 5 years in product marketing or business management.
- Combined education in science and business highly desired.
- Ability to gain customer confidence and establish relationships; Strong empathy for customers.
- Global mindset and ability to travel - up to 10%.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, relational databases, data structure, data query, analysis and reporting.
- Possess a technical understanding of the assigned product area and how customers use the products; can articulate customer needs.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in translating marketing strategy to business planning and tactical plan development coupled with pull through.
- Bias to action and results driven with examples of successful outcomes.
- Ability and desire to work well with diverse employees and customers in a cooperative and friendly manner.
- Ability to listen and gather customer/stakeholder insights and respond with creative solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A strong team player and a leader by influence or by direction, as in a supervisor of staff
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 13 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular