REQUISITION NUMBER: 1127
JOB TITLE: Accountant
SALARY: $51,471 - $68,200 (Commensurate w/experience)
Grade (9); Full-time; Exempt
TEAM: Finance and Operations
SUPERVISOR: Grants Manager
LOCATION: Alexandria, VA
- Perform and present monthly reports to IACP staff comparisons of grant-related projects’ grant budget to actual; responsible for analyzing deviations and researching line item variances.
- Monitor budget to actual expenditure, producing regular and special budget reports, performing various budget analyses, calculating budget adjustments caused by revised projections, and the like.
- Monitor schedule of deliverable and rate of grant expenditures compared to budget.
- Perform various cash management functions, including monthly billing of grant reimbursements and draw down of federal grant funds.
- Responsible for preparation of federal and private grant closeout reports and follow-up with the grantor.
- Perform activities designed to maximize compliance with federal and IACP accounting and auditing requirements.
- Review and ensure the accuracy of all cost allocations and time accounting to grants and non-grant projects.
- Assist Grants Manager and Accounting Manager with special projects as required.
- Perform other job related tasks assigned.
Bachelor degree in Accounting or related field is required. CPA license or CPA candidate preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with federal grants and federal grant administration required, including an advance working knowledge of the Uniform Guidance.
- Advanced technical skills related to grant accounting, invoices, and federal guidelines regarding allowable and unallowable costs.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, exercise judgement, and make independent decisions.
- Must possess excellent computer skills working with spreadsheets and databases using MS office products.
- Excellent financial analysis and budgeting skills.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
- Occasional travel may be required
HOW TO APPLY:
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and salary history. Note: all documents should be submitted as one document.
All cover letters must contain the name of the position being applied for as well as the requisition number. Please note that applications received without all the requested information will not be forwarded for review.
All applications must be received by May 24, 2017.