Principal Systems Engineer Active TS.SCI Required
Principal Systems Engineer& Subject Matter Expert
Ft Belvoir, VA
General Dynamics Information Technology is seeking candidates who are capable of:
- Designing and defining IT Enterprise system architectures for new or existing computer systems.
- Performing concept development, technology evaluations, systems architecture development, and systems integration and test activities for customized engineering services and products.
- Developing solutions to solve customer requirements as well as plan future capabilities and technology roadmaps.
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) has a contingent need to fill a position supporting the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM) G-6/Ground Intelligence Support Activity (GISA).. This position requires the Principal Systems Engineering Subject Matter Expert to provide insight into HQ INSCOM's G-6/GISA mission, tools, CONOPS, and TTPs.
General job responsibilities include:
Specifically, qualified candidates:
- Have work experience supporting the DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) as well as staff experience supporting a senior military headquarters.
- Possesses expertise in Army missions, tools, CONOPS, and TTPs.
- Must have strong analytical skills, experience in DoDAF, and be well versed in Open Architecture and various development principles.
- Must be customer focused and possesses collaboration skills; will interface with Army customers and INSCOM community members' development, programs, and technical leadership teams.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience in preparing and presenting technical reports, briefings, and design reviews to Government and internal senior leaders.
- Must be able to interface with design engineers, customers, and end users.
- Must be willing to perform short / long term business travel (2 to 6 weeks).
- Create and present detailed design documents to internal and external customers.
- Have the ability to specify interface verification requirements and planning and executing detailed system integration activities.
- Have the ability to manage time and resources to meet assigned deadlines as demonstrated by successful execution experience.
- Displays a high level of initiative and ability to deliver results on technical projects.
- Experience in technical support to proposals and design reviews.
Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of systems engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
- Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment.
- Professional certification in one or more specific technologies may be required, depending on job assignment.
- Practical experience at multiple Army sites preferred
- Experience with the following engineering tools/technologies: DOORs, ClearCase/ClearQuest, Atlassian/JIRA
- Experience with TOGAF
- Experience with the following system and software applications:
- Windows Active Director
- Windows services
- Red Hat
- DoD 8570 IAT II Certified
- Required Security Environment Certification:
- CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
- Minimum Computing Environment (CE) Certification:
- MCSA: Cloud Platform, or
- MCSA: Server 2012/2016, or
- VMWare: VCP 5/6/7
- IAT III Certified: CISSP, CASP (CE), GCIH, GCED, or CISA
- MCSE: Cloud Platform
- MCSE: Server 2012/2016
- ITIL Foundation
- PMP is highly desirable
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline is preferred.
Military experience and completion of an Officer or Enlisted Senior Advanced Course is highly desirable.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.