Communications Specialist with TS/SCI Clearance
The Active IT (AIT) Program was established to provide the IT infrastructure services required to build out and maintain the NGA Campus East (NCE) facilities. A Communications Specialist is needed to support the Communications and Training Team and will work closely with the Sr. Communications and Training Manager to achieve several specific goals:
- Participates in the development, revision and delivery of internal and external communications materials.
- Prepare program briefings for AIT leadership’s presentation to the government customer. To include, but not limited to: the drafting of talking points, scripts and other communications products in coordination with the AIT Communications Manager and AIT leaders; reviewing and editing information on deliverables.
- Collaborate across all AIT service lanes to gain understanding of all facets of the program and technologies.
- Provide writing and editing skills and strategies to support AIT leadership effectively.
- Create and implement layered communications strategies meant to inform and engage personnel about the IT Services AIT has made available to the workforce.
- Ensures deliverables meet editorial and customer specifications as applicable and adhere to standards for quality, graphics, format, and style.
- Provide administrative support where needed as it relates to AIT Communications and Training activities.
- Excellent critical thinking and strategic skills necessary to understand the AIT program and NGA dynamics and tailor communications accordingly.
- Must demonstrate success and comfort in working with a diverse workforce, working alongside technical professionals in various levels of expertise.
- Outstanding time management – work within accelerated schedule timelines while delivering high quality products to the customer.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; must be able to work effectively in a team environment with colleagues from a variety of departments and leadership levels
- Participates in special projects as required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- TS/SCI clearance required
- Training / Instructor Experience: Ability to prepare and create and edit training documentation for the agency workforce, including user's manuals, training materials, quick reference guides, and specialized instructions.
- Experience on a program that provides infrastructure services including compute, storage, database, transport, enterprise management, and/or desktop services
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of NGA and its Mission Partners, or within the Department of Defense
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, PhotoShop,etc.) Multi-media experience is a plus.