Communications Specialist with TS/SCI Clearance
7 days left
- Full Time
Researches, prepares and edits technical documents. 1. Researches, prepares and edits complex technical documents for publication, including user's manuals, training materials, installation guides, proposals, and reports. 2. Reviews, researches, and edits information for preparation of contract deliverables. 3. Ensures documents meet editorial and customer specifications and adhere to standards for quality, graphics, format, and style. 4. Interfaces with writers, illustrators, word processors, and subject matter experts in coordinating/preparing the edited draft for publication. 5. Participates in the creation of proposals and multi-media presentation materials. 6. Participates in the design and development of marketing brochures, conference programs, public relations announcements, and other materials when requested. 7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical documentation staff members. 8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned. 9. Participates in special projects as required. Job Responsibilities The Active IT (AIT) Program was established to provide the IT infrastructure services required to build out and maintain the New Campus East (NCE) facilities. A Communications Specialist is needed to support the Communications and Training Team for the AIT Projects Division. The Communications Specialist will work closely with the Sr. Communications and Training Manager to achieve several specific goals:
- Prepare program briefings for AIT leadership's presentation to the government customer. This effort may include the drafting of talking points, scripts and other communications products in coordination with the AIT Communications Manager and AIT leaders.
- Provide administrative support as it relates to AIT Communications activities
- Collaborate across all AIT service lanes to gain understanding of all facets of the program which help strengthen communications messages and weekly briefings
- Provide writing and editing skills and strategies to support AIT leadership effectively
- Assist the AIT Communications Manager in the creation and implementation of layered communications strategies meant to inform and engage personnel about the IT Services AIT has deployed, upgraded and/or made available to the workforce.
- Bachelor's Degree with emphasis in Communications, Public Relations, English or a related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience providing communications services
- Excellent critical thinking and strategic skills necessary to understand the AIT program and NCE dynamics and tailor communications accordingly.
- Must demonstrate success and comfort in working with a diverse workforce, working alongside technical professionals in various levels of expertise.
- Outstanding time management - work within accelerated schedule timelines while delivering high quality products to the customer.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; must be able to work effectively in a team environment with colleagues from a variety of departments and leadership levels
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- TS/SCI clearance required
- Experience on a program that provides infrastructure services including compute, storage, database, transport, enterprise management, and/or desktop services
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of NCE and its Mission Partners, or within the Department of Defense
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, PhotoShop,etc.) Multi-media experience is a plus.