- Network Control Specialist monitors network events to identify incidents
- Attempts to remotely restore services and escalates higher level incidents to appropriate organizations when remote restoration is not possible
- Performs Command Line Interface syntax on routers/switches/encryption devices within a multi-vendor environment
- Correlates and investigates incidents to identify a root-cause to service interruptions and performs corrective actions to restore service, as well as identifies network performance issues across the enterprise.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
2-5 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
- Support network maintenance personnel at the including troubleshooting any issue that cannot be handled at the site level.
- Monitor NETS for tickets assigned to the work-center.
- Monitor OpenView/Operations Manager for unusual network events.
- Support device code upgrades, supporting site personnel doing upgrades, monitoring upgrade status.
- Provide general operational over-site of all router/switch/special devices.
- Create/Maintain network standards related to devices within our scope.
- Support external requests for support based on our Subject Matter Expert (SME) status.
- Perform Traffic Engineering (TE) by intelligently manipulating Open Shortest Path First (OSPF)metrics to temporarily alt-route Label Switched Path (LSP) traffic in the event of an incident orCMA Action Plan.
- Collect relevant information required for vendor Technical Assistance Cases (TACs) and providepossible resolutions where a temporary work around is feasible until failed hardware is processedvia COMM Maintenance Activity (CMA) requests.
Must possess appropriate; current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; either valid CompTIA Security+ CE OR CCNA-Security certification. Security+ CE Certification preferred. In addition; must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Certification within six (6) months of Hire Date. As part of your role/function on the program; you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties; you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring; and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations. Due to the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client; all candidates must hold a TS/SCI and be willing to submit and pass a polygraph examination. #CJPOST#DPOST#ZRpost
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.