Information Security Architect
GDIT has an exciting opportunity with our CENSUS contract team for a Security Architect. Located at the Navy Yard PMO, this contract goes until 2020 and is a stable, growth oriented opportunity for the right candidate to help our Census automation efforts. Responsibilities: The information technology (IT) security architect is responsible for the network, computer, and information security for their program. At the early stages of the security life cycle, the security architect acts as a project leader to plan, research, and design elements of security. The security architect will interact with the many IPT teams to coordination and provide advice throughout the government established SDLC. Being IT Security architect you will be lead in ensuring Program IT lives up to Group Security policies, and lead platform selection for IT security services. Close relationship to outsourcing partners is expected as well.
- Act as Subject matter expert in regards to projects, and ensure roadmap exist for all Security platforms.
- Ensure that the agreed IT Security services are delivered as per the SLA.
- Design and implement solutions together with our PMO function acting as trusted advisor.
- Assist in IT forensics in case needed, as technical SME.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Provides guidance in the creation and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures and other similar documentation.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Significant knowledge in FIPS, FISMA, FedRAMP, NIST SP 800-30, 800-34, 800-37 (Risk Management Framework), 800-137 (Continuous Monitoring) etc.
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certification
- Security related certification – CISSP or CISM preferred
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Excellent Team-player with good people interaction skills (negotiations, stakeholder management)
- Proficient with the use of Microsoft Office 2010/2013/2016 suite