Sr Principal Network Engineer - TS/SCI req'd
6 days left
- Full Time
Network Control Specialist monitors network events to identify incidents; attempts to remotely restore services and escalates higher level incidents to appropriate Tier 3 and Tier 4 organizations when remote restoration is not possible; performs Command Line Interface syntax on routers/switches/encryption devices within a multi-vendor environment;correlates and investigates incidents to identify a root-cause to service interruptions and performs corrective actions to restore service, as well as identifies network performance issues. Education Bachelors Degree in Computer Science; Engineering; or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience. Qualifications 10-15 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
- Utilizes the ITILv3 processes and additional Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for event; incident; and configuration management on Synchronous Optical Network (SONET) and Internet Protocol/Multi-Protocol Label Switching (IP/MPLS) technigues.
- Monitors and investigates Network Management System (NMS) Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) trap data and Syslog messages; troubleshoots network incidents; documents findings; remotely restores services/recommends fix actions; and dispatches maintenance to appropriate organizations if remote restoration is possible.
- Coordinates and implements network changes in accordance with established communications maintenance activity (CMA) processes and procedures.
- Performs traffic engineering (TE) by intelligently manipulating Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) metrics to temporarily alt-route Label Switched Path (LSP) traffic in the event of an incident or CMA.
- Collects relevant information required for vendor Technical Assistance Cases (TACs) and provides engineered solutions where a temporary work around is feasible until failed hardware is processed via Return Maintenance Authorization (RMA).
- Reports Situational Awareness (SA) information to the customer and works to identify business impact in conjunction with technical trouble ticketing documentation.
- Maintains Job Qualification Standard (JQS) requirements and job certification with an implemented Annual Plan of Instruction (APOI) per customer direction in conjunction with DoDD 8570 Requirements.