7 days left
- Full Time
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors Builds and codes applications and/or models using various computer programming languages.
- Plans, develops, tests, and documents highly complex applications programs.
- Generates new code and corrects, converts, and/or modifies existing code to meet specifications.
- Prepares detailed specifications from which code will be written.
- Confers with end-users to analyze specified methods and procedures, identify problems, and document specific requirements.
- Leads staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as users' manuals, product specifications, and training materials.
- Performs a variety of testing procedures on assigned products, analyzes test results, and corrects problems.
- Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress, and presents results to management and/or customer personnel.
- Serves as a customer interface to ensure problems are resolved and requirements are met in a timely manner.
- Performs research on emerging technologies to determine impact on application execution.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced programmers, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Serves as a technical team or task leader.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.