Senior Medicinal Chemist
General Dynamics IT is seeking a Senior Medicinal Chemist to support the mission of the Experimental Therapeutics (ET) Branch of the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR). The mission of the WRAIR Branch of Experimental Therapeutics is to discover and develop new pharmaceutical agents to protect military members from death, disease, and injury. The ET Branch is organized into three distinct departments which contribute to the different phases leading to FDA drug approval. The three comprising departments are the Departments of Drug Discovery, Drug Development, and Clinical Pharmacology.This position is in direct support of the Department of Drug Development. Specific tasks include:
- Elucidate structure activity relationships using multi-parameter analysis.
- Design compounds for drug development projects based on chemical series structure activity relationships and/or literature precedence.
- Prioritize and order compounds for in vitro and in vivo biological assessment.
- Prioritize and order compounds for in vitro and in vivo ADME assessment.
- Prepare and submit pre-proposals and/or proposals for internal or external funding.
- Prepare and present project status presentations and/or written reports describing the procedures, protocols, and experimental data in a suitable format for publication in relevant scientific journals and/or patent disclosure if applicable.
- Attend meetings and professional conferences as needed.
- Submit invention disclosures/patent applications and/or submit scientific papers on task findings for publication to a peer reviewed recognized medicinal/chemistry journal(s). .
- Serve as a liaison for any internal or external research collaborations as required.
- Meet on a bi-weekly basis with key administrative and technical staff to set performance tasks, report progress, and troubleshoot technical issues
- Provide input for the performance evaluations of the lead synthetic chemist, senior synthetic organic chemists, and synthetic organic chemists.