Program Coordinator (WRAIR- Antimalarial Drug Discovery and Development )
7 days left
- Full Time
General Dynamics IT is seeking a Program Coordinator for Antimalarial Drug Discovery and Development to support the mission of the Experimental Therapeutics (ET) Branch of the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR). The mission of the WRAIR Branch of Experimental Therapeutics is to discover and develop new pharmaceutical agents to protect military members from death, disease, and injury. The ET Branch is organized into three distinct departments which contribute to the different phases leading to FDA drug approval. The three comprising departments are the Departments of Drug Discovery, Drug Development, and Clinical Pharmacology.This position is in direct support of the Department of Drug Development. Specific tasks include:
- Provide scientific, logistical and administrative support for antimalarial drug discovery and development.
- Assist with the design of in vivo experiments including, but not limited to recommendations for dosing levels and calculation of compound requirements for in vitro and in vivo experiments.
- Have knowledge of small molecule synthesis timeframes in order to efficiently plan for compound assessment in a defined testing paradigm.
- Serve as an Integrated Product Team (IPT) Coordinator in the primary IPT as well as working groups, as needed.
- Coordinate compound assessment with the Principal Investigator(s) including using the laboratory information management system (LIMS), scheduling in vitro and in vivo studies, ensuring delivery of compounds to testing labs, compiling data, and reporting results.
- Assist with the organization of studies and collaborations involving Experimental Therapeutics and outside organizations.
- Assist with the design and preparation of Decision Gate-required deliverables of the Next Generation Malaria Drug (NGMD) IPT.
- Be responsible for tracking and assisting with project accounting and planning for project future requirements including requesting and preparing supply and equipment purchase documents for approval by the COR and ET leadership.
- Analyze and summarize experimental data for reports, presentations, and publications.