Senior AWS Cloud Architect
6 days left
- Full Time
Summary: This role works directly with customers and engineers, providing technical leadership, deep technology expertise and architecture experience. This position provides hands-on technical design and implementation ensuring technologies are successfully incorporated into customer environments. Functions as part of a highly skilled agile development and architecture team supporting major government cloud programs. Comfortable in environment where "The Best Idea Wins," irrespective of title or years of experience.
- Designs and defines Amazon Web Services architecture for new cloud computing systems or existing systems migrating to cloud architectures.Performs expert-level systems AWS development and design work that may include logical system design; I/O design; cloud architecture analysis and design; and systems engineering.Develops technical roadmaps for future AWS cloud implementations.Develops business case analysis on potential projects.Ensures security is integrated into all cloud architecture solutions by understanding FISMA, NIST, and agency specific security frameworks.Performs advanced systems modeling, simulation, and analysis to guide major architecture and procurement decisions.Acts as a subject-matter expert to multiple tasks and/or programs, but self-aware enough to know personal technical limits.Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.Plans and directs upgrades and designs systems enhancements.Identifies; analyzes; and resolves system problems (acts as high level escalation during maintenance windows).Determines system specifications; input/output processes; and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.Serves as a program architect on major government cloud initiatives reporting to the Chief AWS Architect.Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities.Serves as primary liaison with senior clients; participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.Provides high level expertise to multiple projects and tasks.Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.Participates in special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science; Engineering or a related technical discipline.
- Master’s Degree preferred
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate required
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional preferred
- 10 or more years of relevant systems engineering experience (e.g. example former roles may be principal system administrator, principal software developer, or senior systems architect, or a combination of the above with respect to any of the following technologies: AWS, Linux, Puppet, network and routing protocols)Experience with infrastructure focused decision making (e.g. understand operational complexity of architecture option 1 versus option 2).3 to 5 years of demonstrated experience in designing and developing complex distributed IT solutions (e.g. cloud, distributed systems or high performance computing experience)Demonstrated passion for infrastructure as code, continuous improvement, and a "can do" attitude.Excellent verbal & written communication skillsSelf-starter, able to work solo and part of a cross functional team